GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid 3 ideas"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/10/02 at 22:51
Regular
Hopefully in the future, Konami will bring out MGS3.. titled.. i dunno mystery of the Patriots.. because of the somewhat scary MGS2:SOL ending (for those who haven't completed it, its turns out that certain people have been doing things even though they have been dead for over 100 years) anyway.. how would it begin? you are.. snake... raiden.. otacon? and you are... in miami.. Australia.. Italy? and you are lookin for.. Meryll.. Oceltot.. Vamp? or maybe it will introduce a new character and it will be a long mystery type again.

Most people were askin where did Meryll go? and what happened to Naomi? and why isnt Mei Ling part of it? and the cool weapons expert Nastasha Romenenko? all questions that should have been answered by the sequel.. but werent! Another question that sprung up was.. how come snake isnt dead because of the foxdie? well in the seen were Vamp is introduced he keels over and says he'll be ok he just needs a few minutes.. so he is clearly being affected by it. So will the third one show the death of him? who knows! And also was Raiden given it..

Also.. what is the deal with the posessed arm? Poor Oceltot is being controlled by his arm so the third one may show why at what happenens to ocelot. Raiden was never really expained.. so the third one may be about raiden and only him like how he grew up, when his trainin began, his 1st misson etc.. leading up to "the big shell incident".

I've heard rumours that its called MGS3:The Patriots or MGS3: Codename Foxhound but i am yet to hear any official news. I've heard that it will also be a Gamecube exclusive which crushed the hopes and dreams of most PS2 users of having all 3 of them in your Sony collection.. but maybe PS2 (or PS3 dependin on the time it takes to make :P) will get it.. only time will tell.

Vamp.. possibly the best bad guy in a game ever.. cannot die twice so he is alive he has to be and will he be a good guy or a bad guy? He may be a bad guy as he may accuse snake or raiden of killing fortune and then relise the truth and become a goodie or he may be a good guy from the start wantin revenge on ocelot with the help of snake and or raiden.

I'm sure others out there either have unanswered questions about MGS:2 or maybe even a MGS:3 wish list, if Konami don't sell there rights to Microsoft (like everone else is doin or planning to do lol) or just give up then maybe they can create a third and maybe final part :*(.. to the MGS saga and quite frankly it will be an amazing game if all our prayers, questions are answered.
Wed 02/10/02 at 22:51
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
Hopefully in the future, Konami will bring out MGS3.. titled.. i dunno mystery of the Patriots.. because of the somewhat scary MGS2:SOL ending (for those who haven't completed it, its turns out that certain people have been doing things even though they have been dead for over 100 years) anyway.. how would it begin? you are.. snake... raiden.. otacon? and you are... in miami.. Australia.. Italy? and you are lookin for.. Meryll.. Oceltot.. Vamp? or maybe it will introduce a new character and it will be a long mystery type again.

Most people were askin where did Meryll go? and what happened to Naomi? and why isnt Mei Ling part of it? and the cool weapons expert Nastasha Romenenko? all questions that should have been answered by the sequel.. but werent! Another question that sprung up was.. how come snake isnt dead because of the foxdie? well in the seen were Vamp is introduced he keels over and says he'll be ok he just needs a few minutes.. so he is clearly being affected by it. So will the third one show the death of him? who knows! And also was Raiden given it..

Also.. what is the deal with the posessed arm? Poor Oceltot is being controlled by his arm so the third one may show why at what happenens to ocelot. Raiden was never really expained.. so the third one may be about raiden and only him like how he grew up, when his trainin began, his 1st misson etc.. leading up to "the big shell incident".

I've heard rumours that its called MGS3:The Patriots or MGS3: Codename Foxhound but i am yet to hear any official news. I've heard that it will also be a Gamecube exclusive which crushed the hopes and dreams of most PS2 users of having all 3 of them in your Sony collection.. but maybe PS2 (or PS3 dependin on the time it takes to make :P) will get it.. only time will tell.

Vamp.. possibly the best bad guy in a game ever.. cannot die twice so he is alive he has to be and will he be a good guy or a bad guy? He may be a bad guy as he may accuse snake or raiden of killing fortune and then relise the truth and become a goodie or he may be a good guy from the start wantin revenge on ocelot with the help of snake and or raiden.

I'm sure others out there either have unanswered questions about MGS:2 or maybe even a MGS:3 wish list, if Konami don't sell there rights to Microsoft (like everone else is doin or planning to do lol) or just give up then maybe they can create a third and maybe final part :*(.. to the MGS saga and quite frankly it will be an amazing game if all our prayers, questions are answered.
Thu 03/10/02 at 14:29
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Bazzman wrote:
> Hopefully in the future, Konami will bring out MGS3.. titled.. i dunno
> mystery of the Patriots.. because of the somewhat scary MGS2:SOL
> ending (for those who haven't completed it, its turns out that certain
> people have been doing things even though they have been dead for over
> 100 years)

If anyone hadn't completed it, you just ruined it for them.

> Most people were askin where did Meryll go?

She died in MGS1.

> and what happened to
> Naomi? and why isnt Mei Ling part of it? and the cool weapons expert
> Nastasha Romenenko?

Nastasha wrote a book, featured in MGS2. I think you can even see Mei Ling in one part, if you keep harassing someone on the codek.

> all questions that should have been answered by
> the sequel.. but werent!

They were.....some anyway.

> I've heard rumours that its called MGS3:The Patriots or MGS3: Codename
> Foxhound but i am yet to hear any official news. I've heard that it
> will also be a Gamecube exclusive which crushed the hopes and dreams
> of most PS2 users of having all 3 of them in your Sony collection..
> but maybe PS2 (or PS3 dependin on the time it takes to make :P) will
> get it.. only time will tell.

If anything it looks like it'll be an X-Box exclusive, but only for a few weeks/months after its release. It will come to PS2 eventually.

> Vamp.. possibly the best bad guy in a game ever.. cannot die twice so
> he is alive he has to be and will he be a good guy or a bad guy? He
> may be a bad guy as he may accuse snake or raiden of killing fortune
> and then relise the truth and become a goodie or he may be a good guy
> from the start wantin revenge on ocelot with the help of snake and or
> raiden.

Maybe.

> I'm sure others out there either have unanswered questions about MGS:2
> or maybe even a MGS:3 wish list, if Konami don't sell there rights to
> Microsoft (like everone else is doin or planning to do lol) or just
> give up then maybe they can create a third and maybe final part :*(..
> to the MGS saga and quite frankly it will be an amazing game if all
> our prayers, questions are answered.

Well Hideo Kojima said he won't be doing any more of them. The series may continue, but without him at the helm. Then again, that's what Alex Ferguson said...
Thu 03/10/02 at 14:36
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
Meryll didnt die... well she did dependin on the ending you get after the torture... and if anyone hadnt completed it then thats tough for them and im sure they obviously heard about it.
Thu 03/10/02 at 22:17
THe bad guys were more realistic in MGS1, with none of that supernatural stuff. I guess that's why the first was more memorable than the second (amongst other things).
Thu 03/10/02 at 22:32
Here's an idea for Metal Gear SOlid 3 - where Snake (solid) is trapped in a - wait for it - snake pit, full of... snakes! Oh yes!
Fri 04/10/02 at 13:32
Regular
"Livin' it down"
Ideas for MGS3? Maybe make it longer and better?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.