GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ultimate Nintendo characters"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/10/02 at 18:04
Regular
Here is a list of the characters I think are the best of all time on Nintendo.
Please feel free to add more suggestions as, despite having a brain the size of a planet, my knowledge of Nintendo is not unlimited.

Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Toad, Peach and Bowser:
I am putting all seven of these into one space as most people have heard of them and probably know enough about them. As we all know, Mario is an Italian plumber, Luigi is his lanky bro, Donkey Kong (also known as DK) is a giant ape, Yoshi is a jolly little dinosaur, Toad is the mushroom bodyguard of Princess Peach, Mario's love interest who in most games seems to kidnapped and held hostage by Bowser, the evil king of the Koopas. What you might not know is that originally, Mario was the owner of DK, then DK became evil, they fought and now are the best of friends. Also, the reason that the dynamic duo Mario and Luigi wear hats is because Shigeru Miyamoto (Nintendo's top game designer, affectionately known to many as Shigsy) didn't think that he could draw hair on the large pixels of the machines in 1985, the year Nintendo released their first video game. The appeal of the seven supremos will never fade.

Joanna Dark and Elvis:
Rareware had us from the start with their brilliantly designed first-person shooter, Perfect Dark. Joanna is a secret agent who is employed by Daniel Carrington at the Carrington Institute. She is assigned to a mission involving stopping people and an alien race (the Skedar) from doing things involving cloning the President of the US and testing on aliens. But she has an ally. Elvis, the hilarious Maian rallies his species to save the Earth from the clutches of the evil Mr Blonde. Designed to follow on from Goldeneye, the James Bond game also made by Rare, Perfect Dark is perfect from the range of gadgets and weaponry like the SpyCam and the Mauler to the
unlockable Gondeneye arenas in multiplayer mode. But the best parts are the daring antics by the witty Joanna Dark and the mischievous Elvis.

Fox McCloud:
From Starwing on the SNES to Lylat Wars on the N64 to soon released GameCube
game Starfox Adventures, this feisty fox took over the of commander of Starfox after his father, James McCloud died. Along with his teammates, Slippy Toad, Peppy Hare and Falco (the falcon), Fox repeatedly saves the day in the sqad's base ship, the Great Fox, is his favourite and very manouvreable Arwing. He is among this hall of fame.

Pikachu:
Involved in the great Pokémon craze a couple of years back, and having been a trading card, a bean toy and the focus of a cartoon series, you have to remember that the lovable electric type Pokémon was originally on the Gameboy games, Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue. But it was not until Pokémon Yellow came out he became famous, as the Pokémon that you start off with. As
Ash struggles through the land, he uses Pikachu, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Charmander and more to battle wild Pokémon, other trainers and gym leaders. During the progression of Pokémania, Pikachu emerged as the prominent feature of this craze.

Captain Olimar and the Pikmin:
As the Dolphin, the ship of Captain Olimar, is hit by an asteroid, it spirals down, with parts of it flying all over. Olimar lands on a planet, where his life support systems will only last for a 30 days. He befriends strange creatures that he pulls out of the ground and names them Pikmin. They are to help him find the missing parts of the ship, fighting monsters on the way.
Fact: Shigsy based the Pikmin on ants.

Well, that's it. There are many more, e.g. Samus Aran, but I couldn't fit them all on. If there are any more, please add them.

Thanls for reading!
Wed 02/10/02 at 18:04
Regular
"Yaarrgghh!"
Here is a list of the characters I think are the best of all time on Nintendo.
Please feel free to add more suggestions as, despite having a brain the size of a planet, my knowledge of Nintendo is not unlimited.

Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Toad, Peach and Bowser:
I am putting all seven of these into one space as most people have heard of them and probably know enough about them. As we all know, Mario is an Italian plumber, Luigi is his lanky bro, Donkey Kong (also known as DK) is a giant ape, Yoshi is a jolly little dinosaur, Toad is the mushroom bodyguard of Princess Peach, Mario's love interest who in most games seems to kidnapped and held hostage by Bowser, the evil king of the Koopas. What you might not know is that originally, Mario was the owner of DK, then DK became evil, they fought and now are the best of friends. Also, the reason that the dynamic duo Mario and Luigi wear hats is because Shigeru Miyamoto (Nintendo's top game designer, affectionately known to many as Shigsy) didn't think that he could draw hair on the large pixels of the machines in 1985, the year Nintendo released their first video game. The appeal of the seven supremos will never fade.

Joanna Dark and Elvis:
Rareware had us from the start with their brilliantly designed first-person shooter, Perfect Dark. Joanna is a secret agent who is employed by Daniel Carrington at the Carrington Institute. She is assigned to a mission involving stopping people and an alien race (the Skedar) from doing things involving cloning the President of the US and testing on aliens. But she has an ally. Elvis, the hilarious Maian rallies his species to save the Earth from the clutches of the evil Mr Blonde. Designed to follow on from Goldeneye, the James Bond game also made by Rare, Perfect Dark is perfect from the range of gadgets and weaponry like the SpyCam and the Mauler to the
unlockable Gondeneye arenas in multiplayer mode. But the best parts are the daring antics by the witty Joanna Dark and the mischievous Elvis.

Fox McCloud:
From Starwing on the SNES to Lylat Wars on the N64 to soon released GameCube
game Starfox Adventures, this feisty fox took over the of commander of Starfox after his father, James McCloud died. Along with his teammates, Slippy Toad, Peppy Hare and Falco (the falcon), Fox repeatedly saves the day in the sqad's base ship, the Great Fox, is his favourite and very manouvreable Arwing. He is among this hall of fame.

Pikachu:
Involved in the great Pokémon craze a couple of years back, and having been a trading card, a bean toy and the focus of a cartoon series, you have to remember that the lovable electric type Pokémon was originally on the Gameboy games, Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue. But it was not until Pokémon Yellow came out he became famous, as the Pokémon that you start off with. As
Ash struggles through the land, he uses Pikachu, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Charmander and more to battle wild Pokémon, other trainers and gym leaders. During the progression of Pokémania, Pikachu emerged as the prominent feature of this craze.

Captain Olimar and the Pikmin:
As the Dolphin, the ship of Captain Olimar, is hit by an asteroid, it spirals down, with parts of it flying all over. Olimar lands on a planet, where his life support systems will only last for a 30 days. He befriends strange creatures that he pulls out of the ground and names them Pikmin. They are to help him find the missing parts of the ship, fighting monsters on the way.
Fact: Shigsy based the Pikmin on ants.

Well, that's it. There are many more, e.g. Samus Aran, but I couldn't fit them all on. If there are any more, please add them.

Thanls for reading!
Wed 02/10/02 at 18:11
"The Will of D."
Here's my list based on how popular and how many games they've stared or played in.
Mario
Starfox
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Ganondorf
Link
Princess peach
Pricess Zelda
Samus Aran
Luigi (just made it in)
Pikachu (just the one poke'mon)
Wed 02/10/02 at 19:04
Regular
"Yaarrgghh!"
Sorry! I forgot to mention an important trio:

Link, Ganondorf and Princess Zelda:
The subjects of many a Nintendo game (the Legend of Zelda series), these three characters are very poplular. Link is a hero, ready to save the land of Hyrule
from the despicable Ganondorf, who split the Triforce into three. The pieces went to Link, Ganondorf and Zelda. Zelda is the daughter of the King of Hyrule. This info is from the Ocarina of Time, the first of the N64 Legend of Zelda games and the predeccessor to Majora's Mask.
Wed 02/10/02 at 19:09
Regular
"Yaarrgghh!"
Please note these are not in any particular order, I just put the ones from the same games in the same paragraphs

:->
Wed 02/10/02 at 19:11
Regular
"Yaarrgghh!"
Sorry, I made a mistake, the bracketed words are what should heve been there.
> Fox McCloud:
> From Starwing on the SNES to Lylat Wars on the N64 to (StarFox Adventures, soon to released on)
> GameCube
> game Starfox Adventures, this feisty fox took over the of commander of
> Starfox after his father, James McCloud died. Along with his
> teammates, Slippy Toad, Peppy Hare and Falco (the falcon), Fox
> repeatedly saves the day in the sqad's base ship, the Great Fox, is
> his favourite and very manouvreable Arwing. He is among this hall of
> fame.
>
Wed 02/10/02 at 22:01
Regular
Here's my top five:

1. Link
2. Mario
3. Fox McCloud
4. Pokemon
5. Captain Falcon

;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.