GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Game Idea."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/10/02 at 13:12
Regular
Do the GAD staff even read stuff in this forum?
Anyway the time is closing and all the excellent games are going to be released very soon so I'm trying anything to win.

So I thought to myself, what'd be a good game? Well an existing game that could be changed slightly I thought would be GTA3. So I thought, hmmm well you play a criminal in that so what if they reversed the roles and you played the law. Better yet, why not play the police chopper and on some levels play an armed member of SWAT which is deployed when the criminal runs out of the car or something. And the game could be set in different states in America and each dfferent state you go to you have different weapons as the armed police and newly designed choppers in the richer states like New York or Florida.

The game would be called United States air police. The levels would vary from a simple Mississipi car chase to a New York bank job or terrorist attack attempt (a bit rough I know).

To play the missions you control a helicopter pilot which is assigned a mission and has to persue or chase a vehicle and pressing a combination of buttons to signal the police or hold onto a button and select from the drop menu an option like deploy tyre puncture nails ahead and the police will do it but if you're facing a tank you have to find other ways like deploying an apc unit with anti tank weaponry. The chopper flying is all done in a 3rd person perspective. On other missions like a bank robbery you'll have to fly the chopper either to the front door, the roof or the back door or a window and then deploy the armed police unit person which then sends you into a 3rd person action scenario where you have to take out the bad guys. If you wanted to jump in through a window you'd fly the chopper near it and from the drop down menu select 'Deploy armed unit through window' which would then send your guy through the window and into the bank. There'd also be other ways to do it so the game does not get repetetive.

If you know that you are dealing with armed enemies, you can equip your armed police unit in a Rainbow 6 style interface. You'd have option to select MP5's to shotguns or silenced pistols. And if it's a mission where a bomb is involved you'd have to equip a bomb defusing kit.

On a simple chase mission along a highway or in a crowded town, if the enemies car gets trashed he would run out of the vehicle and run for it and you could either deploy your armed cop and take him down with rubber rounds or kill him which would fail your mission as at the beggining of each mission you are briefed whether or not your target is allowed to be killed if he/she becomes hostile. There is no specific story to the game just that you are a police chopper who has to fulfil missions but on an occasion there would be a couple where you apprehend an enemy and then he/she gives you some info as to how to catch someone else you're after and so you go into a second part of a mission.

As it would be a realistc game, you would have the oppertunity to release your armed cop into a town and kill any people you wish but you would get cops sent out to take you out and then its game over for you. There would be some blood but not Soldier Of Fortune style. More like just bullet holes appearing on the body and a puddle of blood underneath them. Of course you wouldn't have the ability to walk all over the whole city but there should be a police line going round the are you have to stay in which says 'Police Line Do Not Cross' so that limits you to where you can go. And the thing to stop you going really far with the chopper would be an automatic turnaround system where your commander or whatever says Unit 256 or whatever please return to the mission. The Graphic engine used should be the one they are using for GTA: Vice City.

The 5 different states you could go to would be New York, Mississipi, Florida, Chicago, Des Moins and Colorado. These are all different places as New York is a City and Colorado is a mountainy area and so on. And there would be about 50 missions in all (10 in each area) that are non linear. Starting with the easier missions and ending in the Big cities with the harder ones.

The sound effects should be of real police weapons and real police sayings to make the game that bit more realistic. The environments would be very believable with swaying trees, rippling water and bullet wholes appearing in walls. Also they should use the GTA: Vice City car damaging system.

The develepor would obviousley be Rockstar as they are the only people who could pull this off properly. If they actually made this game, I know it would sell well and would maybe match up to GTA3. This would be a class game.

~~~~Possum In A Bottle~~~~
Mon 25/11/02 at 13:46
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Don't forget a "Silent Scope" type level when you're in the chopper!
Wed 09/10/02 at 20:24
That actually sounds amazing. You could also get leads from GTA criminals, such as Darkel, King Courteney and Miguel, which would make it even better, because it would give people something to realate to (well, not Darkel).
Wed 02/10/02 at 13:12
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Do the GAD staff even read stuff in this forum?
Anyway the time is closing and all the excellent games are going to be released very soon so I'm trying anything to win.

So I thought to myself, what'd be a good game? Well an existing game that could be changed slightly I thought would be GTA3. So I thought, hmmm well you play a criminal in that so what if they reversed the roles and you played the law. Better yet, why not play the police chopper and on some levels play an armed member of SWAT which is deployed when the criminal runs out of the car or something. And the game could be set in different states in America and each dfferent state you go to you have different weapons as the armed police and newly designed choppers in the richer states like New York or Florida.

The game would be called United States air police. The levels would vary from a simple Mississipi car chase to a New York bank job or terrorist attack attempt (a bit rough I know).

To play the missions you control a helicopter pilot which is assigned a mission and has to persue or chase a vehicle and pressing a combination of buttons to signal the police or hold onto a button and select from the drop menu an option like deploy tyre puncture nails ahead and the police will do it but if you're facing a tank you have to find other ways like deploying an apc unit with anti tank weaponry. The chopper flying is all done in a 3rd person perspective. On other missions like a bank robbery you'll have to fly the chopper either to the front door, the roof or the back door or a window and then deploy the armed police unit person which then sends you into a 3rd person action scenario where you have to take out the bad guys. If you wanted to jump in through a window you'd fly the chopper near it and from the drop down menu select 'Deploy armed unit through window' which would then send your guy through the window and into the bank. There'd also be other ways to do it so the game does not get repetetive.

If you know that you are dealing with armed enemies, you can equip your armed police unit in a Rainbow 6 style interface. You'd have option to select MP5's to shotguns or silenced pistols. And if it's a mission where a bomb is involved you'd have to equip a bomb defusing kit.

On a simple chase mission along a highway or in a crowded town, if the enemies car gets trashed he would run out of the vehicle and run for it and you could either deploy your armed cop and take him down with rubber rounds or kill him which would fail your mission as at the beggining of each mission you are briefed whether or not your target is allowed to be killed if he/she becomes hostile. There is no specific story to the game just that you are a police chopper who has to fulfil missions but on an occasion there would be a couple where you apprehend an enemy and then he/she gives you some info as to how to catch someone else you're after and so you go into a second part of a mission.

As it would be a realistc game, you would have the oppertunity to release your armed cop into a town and kill any people you wish but you would get cops sent out to take you out and then its game over for you. There would be some blood but not Soldier Of Fortune style. More like just bullet holes appearing on the body and a puddle of blood underneath them. Of course you wouldn't have the ability to walk all over the whole city but there should be a police line going round the are you have to stay in which says 'Police Line Do Not Cross' so that limits you to where you can go. And the thing to stop you going really far with the chopper would be an automatic turnaround system where your commander or whatever says Unit 256 or whatever please return to the mission. The Graphic engine used should be the one they are using for GTA: Vice City.

The 5 different states you could go to would be New York, Mississipi, Florida, Chicago, Des Moins and Colorado. These are all different places as New York is a City and Colorado is a mountainy area and so on. And there would be about 50 missions in all (10 in each area) that are non linear. Starting with the easier missions and ending in the Big cities with the harder ones.

The sound effects should be of real police weapons and real police sayings to make the game that bit more realistic. The environments would be very believable with swaying trees, rippling water and bullet wholes appearing in walls. Also they should use the GTA: Vice City car damaging system.

The develepor would obviousley be Rockstar as they are the only people who could pull this off properly. If they actually made this game, I know it would sell well and would maybe match up to GTA3. This would be a class game.

~~~~Possum In A Bottle~~~~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.