GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"{Book} Gordon Ramsey 'Humble Pie'"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/07/08 at 12:38
Regular
"Hello?"
Gordon Ramsey - 'Humble Pie'

Having started out on a career as a chef a few years ago I've always been interested in famous chefs such as Gordon Ramsey and Marco Pierre White. I backed out of the career as it had too many cons than pros for me but have still kept an avid interest in the world of cooking. I've read his recipe books and watched his television programmes so thought I'd give his book a go.

It starts at the beginning of his childhood, and as you may be aware he isn't from a privileged background. It surprised me to read that his first career choice wasn't cooking but actually football. He was actually very very close to being a famous footballer, training with the likes of Ally Mcoist up at Rangers. There's not many chefs, none I can think of actually that are that good at football!!! But it wasn't to be and so his story of cooking starts to unfold.

This book isn't sugar coated; it is actually his thoughts and feelings at the different stages in his life. Yes he is an acclaimed chef now with Michelin stars and yes he is swears too much but the book gives you a different perspective or what he's about.

It's apparent the sheer graft that he has put in to get to where he is now and the personal issues he has had to overcome. One being his brother who turned to drugs, it appears that this was a tough time and it would be for anyone in the same situation and with his father rarely to be seen.

The book is a real insight into what kind of person it takes to achieve the level of cooking that Ramsey has. It takes you through his childhood right up to present day. There are many things that you and I can relate to in the book. For me this was exciting, finding out about one of my generations cooking Gods!

9/10 Great Read, especially if you're into your cooking!
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 15/07/08 at 12:38
Regular
"Hello?"
Gordon Ramsey - 'Humble Pie'

Having started out on a career as a chef a few years ago I've always been interested in famous chefs such as Gordon Ramsey and Marco Pierre White. I backed out of the career as it had too many cons than pros for me but have still kept an avid interest in the world of cooking. I've read his recipe books and watched his television programmes so thought I'd give his book a go.

It starts at the beginning of his childhood, and as you may be aware he isn't from a privileged background. It surprised me to read that his first career choice wasn't cooking but actually football. He was actually very very close to being a famous footballer, training with the likes of Ally Mcoist up at Rangers. There's not many chefs, none I can think of actually that are that good at football!!! But it wasn't to be and so his story of cooking starts to unfold.

This book isn't sugar coated; it is actually his thoughts and feelings at the different stages in his life. Yes he is an acclaimed chef now with Michelin stars and yes he is swears too much but the book gives you a different perspective or what he's about.

It's apparent the sheer graft that he has put in to get to where he is now and the personal issues he has had to overcome. One being his brother who turned to drugs, it appears that this was a tough time and it would be for anyone in the same situation and with his father rarely to be seen.

The book is a real insight into what kind of person it takes to achieve the level of cooking that Ramsey has. It takes you through his childhood right up to present day. There are many things that you and I can relate to in the book. For me this was exciting, finding out about one of my generations cooking Gods!

9/10 Great Read, especially if you're into your cooking!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.