GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Game Really Do"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/10/02 at 19:20
Regular
We all play games, well the fun ones out of us do anyway. We have many reasons for playing them such as prevent being bored, gives us a chance to experience things we will probably never do, escape the real worl for a while, help whe we are depressed. Probably many more but thats not what Im going on about.

What I want to talk about it requires more thought so here we go............

What can gaming give you that will benefit you in some way? Do games help you other than whats mentioned above. My opinion is they do. I'll tell you why?. If games where never invented something else would probably have came along and took us all by storm. Without games most would probably be down the park or outside or watching tv. All of these can develop good life skills but gaming can also give you alot of valuable skills. Hand eye co-ordination can be improved through games, its probably the most obvious one. Some games also require alot of thinking and solving puzzles which is very helpful in real life, you atomatically can think of solutions to problems quickly. So we can get valuable skills from games but most probably know this anyway.

So think a little more...........
What else can gaming do for us, what proves its not all pretty graphics and good gameplay? Think of this if you had never discovered gaming would your life be different. (I for one would probably have more money) my first thought was gaming helps fill in a gap that could be filled with something dangerous if games weren't there. Drugs. They may be illegal but they seem to be everywhere, so if you hadn't found an interestin games could you be an addict? A scary thought for some.

I think games can help keep people out of trouble, locally I see kids trash things and vandalise and the excuse is "We have nothing to do". Whereas I have games to keep me occupied, others may turn to activities which can lead them to trouble with the law. Games like GTA where your aim is to be violent and steal and kill, some say encourage violence with kids. But these people are usually older women who have probably never played a video game in their life. Surely we know best. I think games like this help prevent kids from ending up being in trouble with the police. They send out serious messages to kids. They are games, they don't brainwash us. Well at least the non microsoft ones don't.

Whatever way you want to look at it games can have a positive effect on your life. Without them who knows what the world would be like. But they are good for you as long as you don't play them non-stop then you will go blind. You have been warned. So go enjoy yourself.
Tue 01/10/02 at 19:20
We all play games, well the fun ones out of us do anyway. We have many reasons for playing them such as prevent being bored, gives us a chance to experience things we will probably never do, escape the real worl for a while, help whe we are depressed. Probably many more but thats not what Im going on about.

What I want to talk about it requires more thought so here we go............

What can gaming give you that will benefit you in some way? Do games help you other than whats mentioned above. My opinion is they do. I'll tell you why?. If games where never invented something else would probably have came along and took us all by storm. Without games most would probably be down the park or outside or watching tv. All of these can develop good life skills but gaming can also give you alot of valuable skills. Hand eye co-ordination can be improved through games, its probably the most obvious one. Some games also require alot of thinking and solving puzzles which is very helpful in real life, you atomatically can think of solutions to problems quickly. So we can get valuable skills from games but most probably know this anyway.

So think a little more...........
What else can gaming do for us, what proves its not all pretty graphics and good gameplay? Think of this if you had never discovered gaming would your life be different. (I for one would probably have more money) my first thought was gaming helps fill in a gap that could be filled with something dangerous if games weren't there. Drugs. They may be illegal but they seem to be everywhere, so if you hadn't found an interestin games could you be an addict? A scary thought for some.

I think games can help keep people out of trouble, locally I see kids trash things and vandalise and the excuse is "We have nothing to do". Whereas I have games to keep me occupied, others may turn to activities which can lead them to trouble with the law. Games like GTA where your aim is to be violent and steal and kill, some say encourage violence with kids. But these people are usually older women who have probably never played a video game in their life. Surely we know best. I think games like this help prevent kids from ending up being in trouble with the police. They send out serious messages to kids. They are games, they don't brainwash us. Well at least the non microsoft ones don't.

Whatever way you want to look at it games can have a positive effect on your life. Without them who knows what the world would be like. But they are good for you as long as you don't play them non-stop then you will go blind. You have been warned. So go enjoy yourself.
Thu 03/10/02 at 22:12
Cor, this is a pretty interest topic.

I guess games can be classified as a normal media type, similar yet more enriching than films and music.

Think about it - music is just music, whereas films contain music and a storyline. Games, however, contain all those and interactivity.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.