GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"E3 2008 Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/07/08 at 19:44
"possibly impossible"
This thread is for talk and news from E3, as it gets piped through the tinternet.

Feel free to add news or chat about anything E3...
Wed 16/07/08 at 16:32
"possibly impossible"
Thanks, it seems to be becoming a yearly thing!
Wed 16/07/08 at 16:17
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Brilliant posts there pb
Wed 16/07/08 at 14:37
Regular
Alfonse the Turtle wrote:
> No Kid Icarus? Well, that's the pits Hahhahahahahahahhaha!

Did no-one get my joke or was it just ridiulously lame?
Wed 16/07/08 at 02:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
pb wrote:
> I'd argue that Sony's wasn't too bad. The PSP is picking up
> again, even outselling the DS in some regions, hardly a washed up
> handheld. have you seen God of War on it?

Only because everyone's probably already bought a DS by now :-D Nope i haven't but then i absolutely hate games like God of War.

> Resistance II looked great and it was good to see DC Universe
> and inFamous. Ratchet and Clank looked fairly good as well, if
> only more of the same.

Resistance looked like a Half Life 2 clone that was on rails which i hate. The camera also looked awkward with the guy playing it not being able to get it set up properly as he was going down the stairs. The big massive monster looked great though.

DC Universe looked terrible, like an even worse version of City of Heroes if that's possible.
Wed 16/07/08 at 00:22
"possibly impossible"
I'd argue that Sony's wasn't too bad. The PSP is picking up again, even outselling the DS in some regions, hardly a washed up handheld. have you seen God of War on it?

Their video service actually lets you buy videos, rather than just renting.

Resistance II looked great and it was good to see DC Universe and inFamous. Ratchet and Clank looked fairly good as well, if only more of the same.

It does depend on what games you like, really. All three formats had something on show that I'd pick up. None had any big surprises, but it's nice to have dates confirmed. I've been waiting for the Wii Music game since launch and GOW2 is getting better and better every time I see it.
Tue 15/07/08 at 23:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Utterly woeful E3 this year. Ninty's effort made Sony 2006's effort with giant crabs seem actually decent and Sony spent more time talking about a 8 year old console and a failed handheld rather than their current main system which all they seem to have for is a bunch of rubbish games and a load of media hub crap no one will use. But hey, they're bringing tv and movies into the living room, cheers Sony.

Only decent announcement in the whole thing was Microsoft getting FFXIII as well
Tue 15/07/08 at 23:39
Regular
No Kid Icarus? Well, that's the pits Hahhahahahahahahhaha!

Seriously, E3 sucks so far.
Tue 15/07/08 at 21:59
"possibly impossible"
Glad that's over, my fingers hurt! Probably some of my own personal bias in those reports, but there you go...
Tue 15/07/08 at 21:52
Regular
"Mooching around"
pb wrote:
> Biggest news: God of War 3 is coming to PS3 (Really?!) trailer
> and everything. Nice, but not exactly revealing anything.

Oh the shear joy in my heart! =D
Tue 15/07/08 at 21:51
"possibly impossible"
Nintendo:

First thing first, get in an expanded audience mention. Lots of pics of old, young and every demographic. Not a surprise, really.
First title announcement is for Shaun White Snowboarding. Ah, and Shaun White turns up to demo it with a Wii balance board.
Balance Board is programmed in from the start, not a gimmick. Suppose it gives those of us who got Wii Fit another excuse to have shelled out for the board then! “Exclusively for Wii by year end" nice.

Hello, Satoru Iwata talking handhelds, a new one perhaps? Ah no: “really big change." In the industry. It’s expanded audience again. “suddenly the userbase has expanded. It has [also] changed the seasonal nature of videogame hardware sales…More than 200,000 DS units sold in Europe a week, over 700,000 Wii systems sold over the last three months in the US.” Apparently, surprising to me he says that the Wii version of Guitar Hero III is outselling all others.
Quick dig at everyone stealing their ideas. Ho!

Animal Crossing up next. City Folk on Wii in 2008. Yes, this year. Good. Looks like old Animal Crossing, but in a city.

“ Speak microphone is a community microphone that lets every person in the room talk with another roomful of people anywhere in the world". Should have had that one ready before Smash Bros, really, but better late than never and good for Animal Crossing I guess.
New games, at last! A Wii Clone Wars game, can’t wait to see if sabers are properly mapped to Wii Remote controls. Raving Rabbids 3 with the balance board (well, they’re certainly selling it!).

Call of Duty World at War comes next. Looks like there’s online play with and against. Does actually look quite nice (as long as you don’t put it right next to a PS3 or 360 version!)

Guitar Hero: On Tour Decades is coming out to upgrade the great but annoying to handle GH: On Tour for DS.
Pokemon time. Wouldn’t be Nintendo without a little Pokemon, now!. New game is called Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Alma. It will be launched on November 10th in the US (so probably in the UK sometime next year!)
Ooh. Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars. Ah, it’s a DS game. Still, better than nothing. Liberty City, modern day.

Wii MotionPlus – enhances the Wii Remote precision. Thanks to reggie for showing that one. Maybe we should be asking why it needs an add on to be more precise?

Yey! Wii Sports sequel time. Wii Sports Resort comes to the rescue. It’ll come with a Motionplus so you don’t have to justify buying one seperately. Frisbee, Jetski…er…sword fighting. Going to "launch globally next spring

Wow! Wii Music. No need for additional peripherals. Balance Board for Drum pedal, Wii Remote for drums, guitar even Sax and Violin. Cool. Mind you, would have to buy more remotes…

Hm, Wii music allows everyone including people who can't read music and can't play real instruments to have the feeling of playing real music. Not sure how different that is to Guitar Hero or Rock Band, but sounds interesting. Over 50 instruments too, together? Apparently there will be modes for people who can’t play at all and those that teach you to play some instruments for real. Four Players at once. I’m in! Only thing is that it mostly seems to be classical and Nintendo tunes. Hm.

Well. That’s it for Nintendo too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.