GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Man U - championship contenders or washed up has-beens?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/09/02 at 21:07
Regular
A few seasons ago, after Manchester United had wiped the floor with the rest of the best, I read a newspaper article describing Alex Furguson's actions as fixing something that was not broken, as he bought players like Ruud van Nistelrooy and the spectacularly pathetic failure, Juan Sebastian Veron. Now, Fergie is paying for that with his team tumbling gradually down the ranks.

There are much better teams e.g. Liverpool, Arsenal, Liverpool, Leeds and Liverpool.

Man U the dominators will end up about as brilliant as Tony Blair's ears are small, or his promises trustworthy.

Your views please!
Mon 30/09/02 at 21:07
Regular
"Yaarrgghh!"
A few seasons ago, after Manchester United had wiped the floor with the rest of the best, I read a newspaper article describing Alex Furguson's actions as fixing something that was not broken, as he bought players like Ruud van Nistelrooy and the spectacularly pathetic failure, Juan Sebastian Veron. Now, Fergie is paying for that with his team tumbling gradually down the ranks.

There are much better teams e.g. Liverpool, Arsenal, Liverpool, Leeds and Liverpool.

Man U the dominators will end up about as brilliant as Tony Blair's ears are small, or his promises trustworthy.

Your views please!
Tue 01/10/02 at 11:23
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Today we sit up-there in 4th place, 6 points behind the leaders Arsenal, but only 4 off-of 3rd/2nd place in the Premiership.

2 weeks ago we were 10 and a good 8 points-or-so off the top.

Looks like an improevment to me. :)

And in the Champions' League we're doing well.
The match against Leverkusen has given the team a real boost, and 'flops' like Blanc, Veron and Forlan are really starting to 'come alive' - especially in Europe.

Catching Arsenal will be the toughest challenge, but it looks like we could be back on our own feet again. :)
Tue 01/10/02 at 11:33
"Darkness, always"
Veron is a world class player, and he's much improved this season than last. And as for saying "better teams like Liverpool, Liverpool and Liverpool".

Liverpool fans say this at the start of every season. Have done for almost ten years. How much silverware do they have to show for their boasts?

And to be honest, I'm glad that Arsenal are doing well. It will, eventually, take some of the media pressure of Man U, and allow them to concentrate on their football, as opposed to answering the medias exaggerated claims.
Tue 01/10/02 at 13:14
"High polygon count"
Solskjær wrote:
> And in the Champions' League we're doing well.

Not exactly a tough group, though - is it? :-)

Arsenal have the toughest group of all the English clubs, followed - I reckon - by Newcastle. Then Liverpool, then Man U - who not for the first time get it easy.
Tue 01/10/02 at 13:15
"High polygon count"
Ingenium Bartender wrote:
> Veron is a world class player, and he's much improved this season than
> last.

He has indeed. He's moved from "disgraceful" to just "pants". :-)
Tue 01/10/02 at 14:25
Regular
Leeds?!

CMking?!

?!?!
Tue 01/10/02 at 14:38
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I didn't know there were 2 Liverpool's in The Premiership :-)

How can Leeds or Liverpool be 'better' contenders than Man Utd?

When's the last time either of them won the league?
Tue 01/10/02 at 15:21
"Darkness, always"
Or†ega wrote:
> Leeds?!
>
> CMking?!
>
> ?!?!

his tag says it all really...
Wed 02/10/02 at 16:40
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Washed up has been LMAO Just because United don't win a championship for a year they aren't suddenly washed up. What happened in 97 and 98? Arsenal won the double and although i can't remember back then i guess this type of rubbish was being spouted back then. Then what happened after that? United go and win the championship 3 years in a row and a champions league cup as well. Just because Arsenal win a championship doesn't suddenly make them the best thing since sliced bread. Win 5 premier league titles in 8 years a few FA Cups and a champions league cup and then maybe United will be washed up and Arsenal will be the superior team. Until that day i'll be quite happy supporting the 'washed up has beens'
Thu 03/10/02 at 18:37
Regular
"Yaarrgghh!"
Apologies. I seem to have exaggerated about a billion times more than I should have. I was a bit harsh but I stick by my analysis that there are at least one or two teams better than Man U, and that Blair ears are the size of Canada.#

As for my tagline, you can't speak, "Mr Ripper to you" Ortega!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.