GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SCANDISK"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/09/02 at 17:52
Regular
I can't get this program to work!

Something is writing to the drive and I don't know what it is...

I've tried going to the Task Manager and shutting down EVERYTHING apart from explorer but still something is writing!

Is there a way I can stop this program or something I can get off of the web to find out what's writing to the disk?

I need this to work, I can't Defrag due to errors on my drive but I can't fix them due to the thorough test on Scandisk not being able to work....

Help me...

Please!
Wed 02/10/02 at 13:50
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I got it to work...

Turns out I have to shut the PC down and then turn it on and hold CTRL or F8 (I held both as I didn't know which one and I couldn't be bothered to load twice!)

Damm thing telling me I had to restart to do it!

Scandisk found no bloody errors but Defrag finally worked!

Good...
Tue 01/10/02 at 09:39
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Have you got any anti virus software running at the same time?

We've had that problem in the past with Norton, you need to disable the program first, reboot and scandisk should work.

Even in safe mode, anti virus software will run.
Mon 30/09/02 at 22:41
Regular
".......on the attac"
Looks like you have a few probs there. Maybe it might be an idea to re-install Windows.

Can't really suggest anything else, sorry.....
Mon 30/09/02 at 22:35
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I can't get safe mode to work!

Neither CTRL or F8 work!

Help...

:c(
Mon 30/09/02 at 22:11
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I'll try now!
Mon 30/09/02 at 22:02
Regular
".......on the attac"
How do you mean you can't get it to work?

I usually restart in safe mode and then run it from there.

To restart in safe mode, restart and then press F8 at the second screen (the one after the memory things runs).

Then choose "5: Safe Mode".
Mon 30/09/02 at 19:10
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Help...
Mon 30/09/02 at 17:52
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I can't get this program to work!

Something is writing to the drive and I don't know what it is...

I've tried going to the Task Manager and shutting down EVERYTHING apart from explorer but still something is writing!

Is there a way I can stop this program or something I can get off of the web to find out what's writing to the disk?

I need this to work, I can't Defrag due to errors on my drive but I can't fix them due to the thorough test on Scandisk not being able to work....

Help me...

Please!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.