GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TOP SECRET"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/09/02 at 17:42
Regular
Get one of the Trophies that represents something from Perfect Dark in Super Smash Bros. Melée; like the Proximity Mine, and when you go to view that Trophy close-up, all you get in the Game Title box is the words: "TOP SECRET".

Now as we all know, Rare have been brought by Microsoft, along with the Perfect Dark liscence, meaning we will NOT be seeing Perfect Dark Zero (or whatever it'll be called) on any-other format besides the X-Box.

What I am wondering is whether or not Nintendo are upto something 'Top Secret' themselves, like possibly designing a game that is very-similar to Perfect Dark, using the same items and stuff.
Otherwise... why else would they mention these PD items without mentioning the game name itself when they do have Donkey Kong Country under the trophies of Diddy and Dixie Kong, and the others...

So then, could Nintendo be secretly developing their own rendition of Perfect Dark in their very-first proper First Person Shooter*??
Or is there some other logical explanation?

*I do not see Metroid Prime as an FPS but more of a First Person Adventure. And anyway, that's being developed by Retro Studios rather than Nintendo directly themselves.
Tue 01/10/02 at 17:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
A likely story. I think that Protoss' closing comments held true. I thought at the time 'why are they giving Microsoft ideas?', but that was when nothing was confirmed. I bet that they had loads more ideas and features on PD0, but had to scrap them.
I think it would be amusing if the next issue of NGC contained a featuire about PD0, because nothing had been announced at the time of going to press. Can you imagine how stupid they would feel?
Tue 01/10/02 at 17:47
Regular
Nooooo...

Marth is from Fire Emblem, old game in Japan only.

Roy is a from Fire Emblem too, but one that hasn't been made yet. It is still a future release. He will be the lead character in the new game.
Tue 01/10/02 at 17:42
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
All the TOP SECRET thing means is that the proxmity mine is a TOP SECRET piece of equipment and they cant give any information away on it, you know what nintendo are like , they always have to think of something to say for each thing , they saw perfect dark , the proxmity mine , the fact it's a spy game , and the fact that if they were a government spy asociation then the information on the mine would be TOP SECRET , and thats all it means. (or so i think , as it's the most logical thing to think)
Tue 01/10/02 at 17:37
Regular
Nintendo will never develop 'just another first person shooter'. You can bet that if they make another FPS, it'll have elements of exploration and little twists and touches to it that sets it out from the competition - that's what makes Nintendo, Nintendo.
Tue 01/10/02 at 11:25
"Darkness, always"
on a related note:

TOP SECRET - one of the best films EVER!!

A song, if I may:

Are you lonesome tonight?
Is your kitchen a sight?
Is your wardrobe all rundown and bare?
Is your lipstick all smeared?
Are your stockings not sheer?
Do they make your legs show all your hair?
Do the tears on your pillow roll down as you turn?
Do they short out the blanket and make the sheets burn?
Is your heart filled with pain?
Will you come back again?
Shop at Macy's and love me tonight
Tue 01/10/02 at 11:14
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Edgy wrote:
"Despite what Whitestripes said, nothing is set in stone stopping Nintendo developing another FPS to be released after Metroid."

True, there's nothing stopping them making an FPS.
But to me, it would be their first.

Ok, there is Metroid Prime, but i'm one of those people who sees it as a 'First Person Adventure' rather than a 'First Person Shooter' - due to all the elements of Exploration in the game.

So to me, Nintendo's next FPS would be their first.
Tue 01/10/02 at 11:07
Regular
It wouldn't suprise me if Nintendo knew they were going to sell their shares a long time ago - maybe that's what they stopped Rare making Donkey Kong Racing (which would've been one hell of a game!)

But as I don't know the official facts reguarding when Nintendo suddenly decided to sell off their shares, I can only guess.
Tue 01/10/02 at 10:40
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yes, Roy is from Fire Emblen, along with Marth.
There was an earlier Fire Emblen game, but that didn't reach Europe. :(

I love these characters and I really hope the next game DOES come-out over here on the GameCube. Even if it doesn't and if it is that good, I reckon it'l be worth buying a Freeloader for.

And as-for the TOP SECRET thing, I think the most logical explanation is the one about how Perfect Dark Zero was an EXPECTED Future GC Release.
But if that was the case, then why didn't they just put "Perfect Dark" there or something??
Did they already know Rare would be leaving or something??
That's what's got me thinking here...
Tue 01/10/02 at 07:54
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Dosen't it say for Roy - 'Not Yet released?'
>
> I think. A new game? Perhaps?

I think Roy is from Fire Emblem, which was only released in Japan, so it's unlikely it'll come to the UK. It's an old game
Mon 30/09/02 at 20:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Dosen't it say for Roy - 'Not Yet released?'

I think. A new game? Perhaps?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.