GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone have Fantavision??"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/11/00 at 10:36
Regular
Does anyone here have Fantavision? I have read a bit about it and seen a few demos and must say I am very impressed with it. I am not sure though whether to purchase it or not. It looks great and seems rather straight forward but will it have much long term play appeal? will it keep you going for a while? how many stages does it have? what is the 2-player mode like? any thoughts anyone??
Mon 14/07/08 at 15:11
Regular
Hi everyone. This new forum is up and running.
Please make full use of it.

Please note - Keep the language clean as possible. Swear filters are active.
Mon 14/07/08 at 15:08
Regular
Hi everyone. This new forum is up and running.
Please make full use of it.
Tue 28/11/00 at 19:40
actually they wont all b coming out in march, i think it was just a dodgey magazine.

My sister asked if i wanted a PS2 game for x-mas. what one do you think i should get???? including ones that are coming out from now and to christmas like Dead or Alive???? so whats the most worth while game? or few games?
Tue 28/11/00 at 13:27
takes the pee.

apparently 3 games are being released in february and they are 3 of the best games coming out for the PS2 next year.
GT3
UT
and Wipeout Fusion.
looks like february is gonna b hetic
Tue 28/11/00 at 12:54
PuLsEd OuT wrote:
> u was supposed to get yours mondey?

I posted a few days back to explain this, but here goes again. I was supposed to be getting it on monday, but Woolworths could not deliver to the store because for monday because it was not on their delivery route for that day. I now have to wait for a phone call from the store to tell me that it has arrived, and then i can pick it up.

I have almost had enough.
Tue 28/11/00 at 12:37
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
I bought Timesplitters, and after playing deathmatch with my mate for 30 mins I had to go and have a lie down because I was pumping so much adrenelin!! Seriously!. It's fast and furious and absolutly outstanding. Single players a bit boring (but not played it much).
It's multiplayer games are pure action, with little slowdown, good levels, weapons, control and sound effects.
I suggest you get it (along with at least 1 extra joypad).

It's ^2U.
Tue 28/11/00 at 11:28
Morgan,

Have you managed to open any of the extra tracks in SSX?? I havent but maybe I am just rubbish at it (I think I need a lot more practice). The only thing that annoys me about SSX is you hold forward to speed up but if you have it depressed when you go over a bump your boarder tries to do a forward flip with disasterous consequences.
Tue 28/11/00 at 11:11
Yep, I've got it.

It has a steep learning curve, that is I am still at a frantic-button-pushing stage which may/may not result in lovely fireworks.

The concept is of the simple-yet-brilliant type , match different coloured fireworks (a la bust-a-move) and watch the pretty explosions. There are different types of fireworks which react differently. The whole thing involves aiming and shooting on the move , a bit like missile command (for those who are old enough).

The premise is great but the action is SO frantic you cannot (or at least I can't) keep up. It's not like in bust-a-move where you can say 'OK , if I leave this one it's OK because I will link it with another and etc etc....' i.e. It is so fast , pre-planning is next to impossible.

I think maybe I need to just practice, but at the moment SSX is getting all my attention.

I'm thinking of getting 'Timesplitters' instead , anyone got it ? What's the verdict? What does it compare to ?
Tue 28/11/00 at 10:52
u was supposed to get yours mondey?
Tue 28/11/00 at 10:51
I have bought it, even though i am still to get my PS2 so i haven't played it yet. I have also got it as my free game from SR. The reason for this is i have promised it to my son's speech therapy unit, to go into their auction for funds, and i was afraid that if i chose a game that i didn't have, i would be tempted to hide away with it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.