GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Dark on GameCube or has Microsoft nicked it?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/09/02 at 23:41
Regular
Just wondering, is the second Perfect Dark game coming on the GameCube because Microsoft own Rareware now. It may come out on both.
Sun 29/09/02 at 23:41
"How are you today?"
Just wondering, is the second Perfect Dark game coming on the GameCube because Microsoft own Rareware now. It may come out on both.
Mon 30/09/02 at 00:09
Regular
Nintendo sold their shares of Rareware to Microsoft.

Rareware own the rights to Perfect Dark.

Think about it.
Mon 30/09/02 at 11:32
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Microsoft will only get Banjo,P Dark and Conker's, they won't getb the rest as Nintendo holds the patents on those. Perfect Dark Zero isn't meant to look as good as the first one anyway.
Mon 30/09/02 at 15:52
Regular
I think they still hold Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini as well.

Cheer up! By the time Rare get round to releasing Perfect Dark, the Xbox will be dirt cheap anyway! :-)
Mon 30/09/02 at 17:09
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Nintendo sold their shares of Rareware to Microsoft.
>
> Rareware own the rights to Perfect Dark.
>
> Think about it.

So playstation 2 will be getting it?

Does it matter?

The 2 console last gen were PS1 and n64. PS1 didnt have enough power, in my view to make a good FPS. N64 only had a few developers making games.
Meaning that the amount of GOOD FPS was low, that is why games like goldeneye and perfect dark did so well, they were the only good ones.

Now the ps2 has the power, the GC has the developers and the xbox is new so they had no problem to sort out from last gen, although they will have a bit to sort out not gen.
So FPS are going to be good and a lot of them, now PD has the challenge we will see which one is the best.
Mon 30/09/02 at 21:30
Regular
Strafex wrote:
> I think they still hold Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini as well.
>
> Cheer up! By the time Rare get round to releasing Perfect Dark, the
> Xbox will be dirt cheap anyway! :-)

It's a good point Strafex, but that must have been the 100th time you've posted it! :-)
Tue 01/10/02 at 12:17
"How are you today?"
I get the point.
Tue 01/10/02 at 12:25
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> It's a good point Strafex, but that must have been the 100th time
> you've posted it! :-)

And I won't be stopping at 100! :-)
Tue 01/10/02 at 17:40
Regular
Lol!

:-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.