GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"wooo pretty lights on my DC!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/09/02 at 23:28
Regular
Ok im kinda newish to the DC still so excuse me if this is old hat and posted previously.

Upon turning my DC on i recieved a knock at the door before i managed to insert a game CD, anyway...

I returned to my DC and saw on the TV the usual start screen (DC controller... memory card...Music...Settings... but this screen was much dimmer than it usually is when the DC is left un-used for a short period.

I then thought id grab a drink from the kitchen before i load up Virtua tennis 2k2 and upon returning i am greeted to a lights display on the TV...

It was a red, green, blue and yellow display of moving circles... kinda hard to explain but very pretty to look at (for about 30 secs)

My DC was left turned on for around 30 mins un-attended before this display came about so if any of you get chance to just leave your DC on whilst doing whatever then take a look.
Sat 18/01/03 at 16:36
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I know if i leave my DC alone, the screen dims down. And sometimes colours float and melt together.

Another First by the dreamcast?

Built in Screen saver!
Thu 17/10/02 at 02:27
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
if u look next to the controller ports its says powered by windows
Wed 09/10/02 at 23:56
A screensaver was built into the DC as it can also be run on a standard PC monitor as not to dammage it or come to think of it your TV, and as Microsoft had some input into the console....well a screensaver there was (made B. Gates happy anyway).........

The Bugster......
Mon 30/09/02 at 15:23
Regular
"Remember me?"
Yeah, I first saw this a few months back when I was using my Dreamcast to play a music CD. Kinda "funky", don't ya think?
Mon 30/09/02 at 12:01
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Yea try it... its a screen saver type thing thats the best way to describe it... kinda surprised me when i saw all those lights tho. :)
Mon 30/09/02 at 09:39
Regular
I've had a Dreamcast for 3 years and I've never seen that. But I've never left it turned on for 30 mins unattended. I'll have to try it.
Sun 29/09/02 at 23:28
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Ok im kinda newish to the DC still so excuse me if this is old hat and posted previously.

Upon turning my DC on i recieved a knock at the door before i managed to insert a game CD, anyway...

I returned to my DC and saw on the TV the usual start screen (DC controller... memory card...Music...Settings... but this screen was much dimmer than it usually is when the DC is left un-used for a short period.

I then thought id grab a drink from the kitchen before i load up Virtua tennis 2k2 and upon returning i am greeted to a lights display on the TV...

It was a red, green, blue and yellow display of moving circles... kinda hard to explain but very pretty to look at (for about 30 secs)

My DC was left turned on for around 30 mins un-attended before this display came about so if any of you get chance to just leave your DC on whilst doing whatever then take a look.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.