GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More zombie goodness"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/09/02 at 20:30
Regular
Yay! 28 Days is out at the start of November.

Directed by Danny Boyle, I don't know much about it yet, but here's hoping it's good.

Also, I read that Romero is planning a fourth in the 'of the dead' series, taking it on to a stage where humans are ignoring the problem, living in walled cities, with the zombies living on the outside. I hope he gets to make it, but he reckons he's having problems getting it of the ground.
Mon 30/09/02 at 20:44
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Mr. Happy wrote:
> Originally he had been contracted to make "Resident Evil"
> but then presumably the execs saw his other movies and thought
> "ARGH! Social commentary, mild satire, what have we done?!"

I've seen his script (well, not his actual script, but it typed up on a computer, not in his handwriting or anything....I digress) adn believe me, they made the right decision. He wasn't faithful to the storyline at all, but it was meant to be the original game. He had Barry as a big butch black bald man, instead of a middle aged, white, ginger man with hair. There were many other story details that were completely wrong as well.

I bet it would have been a good film though, if all the mistakes had been corrected.
Mon 30/09/02 at 18:03
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
No its not about zombies, its about people who go crazy after being infected by this virus. Not Zombies.
Mon 30/09/02 at 16:35
I just found this about '28 days later'

www.corona.bc.ca/films/details/28dayslater.html

I am all excited about this one. Zombies in London.
Mon 30/09/02 at 11:58
Regular
It's Return of the Living Dead 3, i've got it on DVD. The one film with a Zombie that's actually quite fit.

Return of the Living Dead is one of my fav films ever.

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINS
Mon 30/09/02 at 10:23
Regular
"That's right!"
I think it was just "Return Of The Living Dead" wasn't it? I think it was #2 in the series
Mon 30/09/02 at 01:14
Regular
".......on the attac"
Possum in a bottle wrote:
> U might know what I'm talkin bout but I cant remmeber what
> its called and I really need to know!!!! NOW!!!!

I think it is Return of the Living Dead 3.

Strange film that. Scared me when I saw it as a youngster.
Sun 29/09/02 at 23:00
Regular
Romero has actually announced that the next Dead film to be known as 'Dead Reckoning' is 90% sure to go ahead.

This is taken from another can't remember what the address is though

Updated August 19, 2002 -- The big news from this year's Fangoria Weekend of Horrors was George A. Romero's announcement that a fourth Living Dead film now looks likely, and could be distributed by 20th Century Fox. "I do have a script at Fox for a fourth zombie film, which looks like it's going to happen," Romero said Saturday, August 17 at the Fango conference at the Pasadena Center. He added that the film would likely be R-rated for its theatrical release, then make it to DVD in an unrated version. "They're basically going to let me make my film and cut it back for R-rated release." The film, currently titled "Dead Reckoning," should be budgeted at about $10 million. "It's going to be the most expensive one," Romero said. Romero was the highlight of the biggest Weekend of Horrors in years.

I can't wait, GAR is the man when it comes to Zombie films.
Sun 29/09/02 at 21:42
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Romero's not bored of the series, it's just he's been continually shafted by the studio types who give him money and then withdraw it. Day and Dawn of the Dead only got made because Euro-horror man of the moment Dario Argento secured lots of dollars for them, on the proviso that he got to re-edit the films for the European market.

Now Romero's back in the same position as he was after Night of the Dead, he wants to make a film but he can't get the money for it. Originally he had been contracted to make "Resident Evil" but then presumably the execs saw his other movies and thought "ARGH! Social commentary, mild satire, what have we done?!", then someone showed them "Mortal Kombat" and they thought "yes, Paul Anderson is the man" but only after categorically confirming that he wasn't the Paul Thomas Anderson who had made "Magnolia".
Sun 29/09/02 at 20:53
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Its actually called 28 days later, and its set in London. Check out the official site for a small trailer, looks good:

http://www.28dayslaterthemovie.com/
Sun 29/09/02 at 20:44
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
WHOA WHOA WHOA, have I missed somit here? I'm usually on top of films and games and stuff 28 days, what on earth is this???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.