GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Game Idea"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/09/02 at 19:16
Regular
My new game idea is based on the GTA series, in that it involves making money by doing errands for other people, however, without the blatant use of crime and violence. The game is set in a fictional town/suburb in which the main character lives and works. He originally earns money by running small errands for his neighbors and friends, e.g. collecting a message for Mr. Smith from the grocery store and then becoming the best in the business and collecting drugs shipments from the docks.
(This is a gradual change throughout the game.) Your company slowly transforms from a local, unimportant delivery business, to an international trading conglomerate.
This means that you receive more money, but you must choose to spend it wisely whether it be on luxuries for yourself (e.g. A better, faster car, a bigger house ranging from an apartment to a country mansion, a speedboat, a helicopter or a jet.)or on vital assets for your company (e.g. trucks, billboards, skyscraper in the city.)
There is a catch though. The police are as strict as real life cops and will penalize you for the smallest thing such as speeding or going through a traffic light, but like real life cops, they will only catch you if they witness the crime. When you are released from prison, you will find that 50% of your company will be taken away from you.
If you are worried about this, there are save points, of course. You will find these in your house. When you save it will fast forward to the next day in which you will wake up and go to work but if you don't save regularly your character will become tired and slower than usual.
Advertising: There are many ways to advertise the more effective it is the more money you will have pay, from flyers to billboards.
I think that this would be a good game for budding entrepreneurs who are thinking of building their own business empire.
Mon 30/09/02 at 17:12
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
no idea, i know theres a local author naer me if i verwanted to publish a book, but that doesn't help you, ummmmm, search up gamnig companies, e-mail game magazines, and contact companies web-sites through there e-mail, if ur dedicated u'll find a way, and if it sells u better give me some cash for inspiring you ;)
Mon 30/09/02 at 17:07
Regular
"$Cash or Cheque$"
ElfMan wrote:
> submitt ur idea, u never know what will happen. The lastest startrek
> movie coming out was submitted by a fan, and hes probably laughing
> now, hes most likely loaded.
Where would you submit it to?
Mon 30/09/02 at 17:03
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
submitt ur idea, u never know what will happen. The lastest startrek movie coming out was submitted by a fan, and hes probably laughing now, hes most likely loaded.
Mon 30/09/02 at 17:01
Regular
"$Cash or Cheque$"
I was thinking about this last night and the starting levels would be like crazy taxi in the sense that you pick up parcels and send them in the time limit and the quicker you are the more bonus you would get.
Sun 29/09/02 at 21:38
Regular
"$Cash or Cheque$"
I though of this Topic because my uncle was playing GTA 3 and thought you had to be a nnormal person he stopped at red lights and all and didn't do the missions because he didn't want the police to arrest him.
;)
Sun 29/09/02 at 21:34
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Dmitri. Peter Moleneaux is currently working on a game of life, in which he envisions you being able to do any job you want. It's only an idea at the moment though.
Sun 29/09/02 at 21:31
Regular
"$Cash or Cheque$"
Belldandy wrote:
> Sounds a bit too limited and restrictive to be fun. If it was real
> then you'd have people to do the crimes for you, so you'd be like a
> lot of the people in organised crime - "untouchable" Putting
> this in would make it a bit easy though... GTA does this kind of thing
> well already, and with the Getaway and True Crime also lining
> up.....
>
> Nice to see game ideas though,
>
> ~~Belldandy~~

I said GTA because like GTA 3 when you are driving.
Sun 29/09/02 at 19:50
Regular
"Festivus!"
Fosbe wrote:
> Sounds a bit like racing evoloution in a sense but not a s good.

Racing revolution?
Sun 29/09/02 at 19:47
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Sounds a bit like racing evoloution in a sense but not as good.
Sun 29/09/02 at 19:47
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Sounds a bit like racing evoloution in a sense but not a s good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.