GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Modchips :("

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/09/02 at 19:12
Regular
I wanna get my PS2 Chipped, well at least I think I do.

I just wanna know what everyone thinks about them. i.e do they work? do they affect your PS2? Are they worth it? etc?

Also, I dont want to go opening my PS2, so does any1 have and/or can recommend something like the PS X Change 2? (Just a CD)

Regards

Daniel Done
Sun 29/09/02 at 19:12
Regular
"Nobody Home"
I wanna get my PS2 Chipped, well at least I think I do.

I just wanna know what everyone thinks about them. i.e do they work? do they affect your PS2? Are they worth it? etc?

Also, I dont want to go opening my PS2, so does any1 have and/or can recommend something like the PS X Change 2? (Just a CD)

Regards

Daniel Done
Mon 30/09/02 at 13:58
"You love us!"
danieldone wrote:
Ø I wanna get my PS2 Chipped, well at least I think I do.
Ø
well which is it then? do or don't?

> I just wanna know what everyone thinks about them. i.e do they work?
Ø do they affect your PS2? Are they worth it? etc?
Ø
Speaking for myself, i'd say that modchips are quite possibly the greatest 'accessory' you will ever buy for your console. yes it can be a bit pricey, particulaly if you go for something like a Messiah, but it's worth it in every way.

> Also, I dont want to go opening my PS2, so does any1 have and/or can
Ø recommend something like the PS X Change 2? (Just a CD)
Ø
There is no such thing as a PS2 boot disk, like the PS1 and DC had, as it's simply impossible. You can get mods that don't require you to open the machine, but their functionality isn't as good as chips like the Messiah. You best bet is to buy the chip then get it installed from the same place - this way you know you'll be getting a good job, and most suppliers offer a guarantee on all work, so if it does do Pete Tong, you have at least got some come-back.

> Regards
>
> Daniel Done

So there you go. It’ll cost you about £100 and that'll buy you the chip and get it fitted by a pro - or at least someone who isn't going to blow up your machine. As for finding someone to do this for you, well that’s your job. Once you've got it fitted, you'll be able to play all the imported games you want, no need to wait for the UK release. Although to be fair, you will pay more money for an imported game, but having said that, i've had my import US version of Onimusha 2 for about 2 months now - and it still isn't out in the UK! Depends how hardcore you are!
Mon 30/09/02 at 16:36
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Modchips rule.

I got myself a Neo2.2 and AR2 boot disk.

Also, the person who fitted the chip owes me 8 games.

All that lot for £85.

The price of 2 real games.

I got 4 games (Tekken 4, Winning Eleven 6, Stuntman and NFL Blitz 2003) for £3 so thats nice.

I wouldve paid about £500 for all those games but I got them for about £90.

Anything you want to know?
Mon 30/09/02 at 16:44
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
'Arrrrrrr Me Matie

Heh love that TL Matt

:-)
Mon 30/09/02 at 16:45
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Pirate.

;-)
Tue 01/10/02 at 16:46
"You love us!"
hey Herc, you got a MSN or mail addy i can contact you at? It might to worth you while.
Tue 01/10/02 at 18:39
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
PPPPPPHHHOOOOONNNNEEEEEEYYYYYYYSSSSS
Tue 01/10/02 at 18:42
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Heh

:-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.