GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWE - WWF? Rip off merchants!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/09/02 at 16:38
Regular
Yesterday I was browsing through my local rrp priced computer store, when I stumbled across something that really wasn't right.
There on the "new" shelf, just next to the "used" shelf were two games. WWF: Just Bring it and WWE: Just bring it. Ok. Nothing unusual about that you may ask. But here was the problem. Both of the games indentical in every way, except it says WWE and World Wrestling Enterprises, instead of WWF. But there was one main difference. The Price.

The WWF version was priced at £19.99

And... get this...

The WWE version was priced at £39.99

A £20 difference. Do they tae us for mugs? Exactly the same games with far from the same price tag. They change there initials, so they bang up the price by £20! IT AINT RIGHT! I also cross referenced the prices with other shops, virtually the same outcome. Except WHSmiths who charged £44.99 for both, lol.

Gis ur views and tell me if you have come across the same thing. Cos the WWE has lost my respect for the quality and honesty of its games.
Sun 29/09/02 at 16:38
Regular
"Nobody Home"
Yesterday I was browsing through my local rrp priced computer store, when I stumbled across something that really wasn't right.
There on the "new" shelf, just next to the "used" shelf were two games. WWF: Just Bring it and WWE: Just bring it. Ok. Nothing unusual about that you may ask. But here was the problem. Both of the games indentical in every way, except it says WWE and World Wrestling Enterprises, instead of WWF. But there was one main difference. The Price.

The WWF version was priced at £19.99

And... get this...

The WWE version was priced at £39.99

A £20 difference. Do they tae us for mugs? Exactly the same games with far from the same price tag. They change there initials, so they bang up the price by £20! IT AINT RIGHT! I also cross referenced the prices with other shops, virtually the same outcome. Except WHSmiths who charged £44.99 for both, lol.

Gis ur views and tell me if you have come across the same thing. Cos the WWE has lost my respect for the quality and honesty of its games.
Sun 29/09/02 at 17:02
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Firstly, WWE stands for World Wrestling Entertainment, not Enterprises :o)

The only reason WWF SmackDown is going cheaper is because it isn't WWF anymore, so they prefer to get rid of the old titles to make way for the new, otherwise they would look like they don't keep up with whats going on.

Simple solution, get the cheaper one :o)
Sun 29/09/02 at 17:25
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
WWF SmackDown 3: Just Bring It is cheaper because it's an older version of the game.

WWE SmackDown 3: Just Bring It is a newer version, and it gets the price of any new game.
Sun 29/09/02 at 19:18
Regular
"Nobody Home"
FINE! So I got it confuzzled, lol.

Yeah but the change of a letter dont exactly constitute a £20 rise does it?

Its the same game!!!

If they were trying to get rid of em all? why not sell em at £4.99?
Sun 29/09/02 at 20:29
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
danieldone wrote:

> Yeah but the change of a letter dont exactly constitute a £20
> rise does it?

Does in this world, mate!
Sun 29/09/02 at 20:34
Regular
"I like cheese"
Was the WWF version platinum?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.