GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Man overboard !!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/09/02 at 14:00
Regular
Ahoy shipmates...

Nintendo deserve a huge congratulary pat on the back for once again refusing to sell us a console that is a haven to pirate copies of games.

We all know that the Playstation and Dreamcast are breeding grounds for copied games which as you know are illegal, yet many people still look to get a few cheap games to boost their collection (im sure many people originally bought a chipped playstation simply cos they could get cheap copied games for it), and in a way who can blame them? games are expensive... too expensive sometimes...but piracy is evil and needs to driven out into the sea.

Nintendo refused to buckle and stuck with cartridges for the N64 then with the release of the Gamecube it decided the best way to keep piracy down was to use a "new" smaller disc that wasnt exactly mainstream to the public.

Piracy is a dirty word and should never be advocated or encouraged. Indeed all pirates deserve to be kicked in their "pieces of eight" and made to walk the plank!!

Thx for reading.
Sun 29/09/02 at 22:51
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I must confess im a little surprised to the shortage of replies to my original post...

I at least expected to be ensued with "but the discs are small cos the cube was supposed to be small not cos of piracy"

Well that point may be valid *thanx self for bringing it to light*

Im sure Nintendo are fully aware that "being different" means that it may harm the sales of their hardware... this is one of the reasons why in this instance i am praising them.

They refused to sell a pirates dream in preference to protect the games industry from further damage.
Sun 29/09/02 at 20:17
Regular
"Festivus!"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Really? Because the screenshots in NOM looked dodgy at best...

They looked like a bad PS1 game at best
Sun 29/09/02 at 20:17
Regular
I'll admit the graphics don't look that great, but I've been interested in it since I heard of it. Sounds like my type of game, I just they don't screw up.
Sun 29/09/02 at 20:12
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
The screenshots ive seen have too been a little less than impressive but its difficult to judge a game on that basis alone.

Its more that the game appeals to me in genre type as opposed to the eye candy (where it does seem to lack a little)

Maybe its not quite monkey island but still it sounds like a good game to me from what ive read so far. Each to their own i guess :)
Sun 29/09/02 at 20:06
"The Will of D."
Plus i'm not relly into those sort of games, especially as the main hero is now a man (yuckk!) I would certainly not cheat on him, I would on the other hand like to cheat on Lara...
Sun 29/09/02 at 20:03
Regular
Really? Because the screenshots in NOM looked dodgy at best...
Sun 29/09/02 at 19:14
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
On the subject of Galleon, i for one will be buying that game...
Sun 29/09/02 at 14:12
"The Will of D."
Or we could just get the character in Galleon to kick their "pieces of eight".
Sun 29/09/02 at 14:00
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Ahoy shipmates...

Nintendo deserve a huge congratulary pat on the back for once again refusing to sell us a console that is a haven to pirate copies of games.

We all know that the Playstation and Dreamcast are breeding grounds for copied games which as you know are illegal, yet many people still look to get a few cheap games to boost their collection (im sure many people originally bought a chipped playstation simply cos they could get cheap copied games for it), and in a way who can blame them? games are expensive... too expensive sometimes...but piracy is evil and needs to driven out into the sea.

Nintendo refused to buckle and stuck with cartridges for the N64 then with the release of the Gamecube it decided the best way to keep piracy down was to use a "new" smaller disc that wasnt exactly mainstream to the public.

Piracy is a dirty word and should never be advocated or encouraged. Indeed all pirates deserve to be kicked in their "pieces of eight" and made to walk the plank!!

Thx for reading.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.