GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Sims-Here comes another one!!!"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/09/02 at 23:08
Regular
Once again those guys (and gals-im not sexist) at eletronic arts have made another expansion pack to suck even more cash out of us. Dont get me wrong, The Sims is a great game and I like the expansions. However, I dont see why they charge an extra 20 quid for a couple more jobs and some furniture. I ,and most of my friends, think they should start puting their time, energy and cash into creating bigger and better ( not to mension newer) games instead of something that is getting even more boring by the minute.

I hope you post some things reguarding this, i'd appreciate it.

Mr PC
Sat 28/09/02 at 23:08
Once again those guys (and gals-im not sexist) at eletronic arts have made another expansion pack to suck even more cash out of us. Dont get me wrong, The Sims is a great game and I like the expansions. However, I dont see why they charge an extra 20 quid for a couple more jobs and some furniture. I ,and most of my friends, think they should start puting their time, energy and cash into creating bigger and better ( not to mension newer) games instead of something that is getting even more boring by the minute.

I hope you post some things reguarding this, i'd appreciate it.

Mr PC
Sun 29/09/02 at 12:21
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
hmm.. Maybe they should make a Expasion so it makes people say "wow, Gotto get that game" instead of just Expanding the game futher. The thing that made nearly get it was The Sims: Online. I have no idea where that went but they should make a LAN Opition or something.
Sun 29/09/02 at 14:16
I know, Simsville got cancelled because the developers thought that hardcore fans wouldn't like to many changes to the main idea itself. I think they should have went with it and see how it went.
Sun 29/09/02 at 20:46
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Why cancel Simville EA, that looked far better than the tripe they keep shovel feeding people who like the sims. I need more things to do in this game to hold my interest, it's just too damn boring, I doubt this new add-on will come with any new features to solve this problem, probably just adding something new which will again ware off in a couple of weeks. Meh, not interestd anymore.
Mon 30/09/02 at 17:13
Regular
cipro wrote:
> Why cancel Simville EA, that looked far better than the tripe they
> keep shovel feeding people who like the sims. I need more things to do
> in this game to hold my interest, it's just too damn boring, I doubt
> this new add-on will come with any new features to solve this problem,
> probably just adding something new which will again ware off in a
> couple of weeks. Meh, not interestd anymore.

These are my thoughts exactly. Just when EA start to create a game that looks really rather good, they cancel it. Instead they choose to cater for the people who will buy any packs witht he sims logo on it, no matter how poor these add-ons actually are. I saw one of them at my cousins house-'House Party' I think it was called. Basically included new costumes and furniture, which it turns out you can download off the net anyway.
Wed 09/10/02 at 14:55
this is probably going to sound stupid but how do you get 2 sims to marry?
Wed 09/10/02 at 15:24
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Sorry, haven't got a clue how you get two sims hitched, I don't play it long enough to find out. So that new sims pack will be out within the week, crap, my sister wants to buy like she bought the last 2 add-on packs, which means she'll be on the PC for ages. I'll try and convince her to go for Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 instead, now that is an addictive management game.
Thu 10/10/02 at 12:49
"Large and in Charge"
bebayi wrote:
> this is probably going to sound stupid but how do you get 2 sims to
> marry?

You can`t but I wish you could. It would save us a lot of time trying to get them to like eatch other.
Thu 10/10/02 at 12:57
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You interract long enough with kises/compliments/back rubs etc until their rating of you gets high, then you get "propose" as an option.

Then you keep getting offered kids.
Say yes, then build a big glass room and leave them in there with no food or toilets.
Thu 10/10/02 at 13:05
"Large and in Charge"
Goatboy wrote:
> You interract long enough with kises/compliments/back rubs etc until
> their rating of you gets high, then you get "propose" as an
> option.
>
> Then you keep getting offered kids.
> Say yes, then build a big glass room and leave them in there with no
> food or toilets.

EVIL!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.