GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quality takes time!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/11/00 at 19:47
Regular
Why do the game companies not spend more time fixing their games rather than bring a new one out every two seconds.

I for one hate it when you but a new game and it begins to play up on you. Quiting to Windows, changing the colours of a sky to that lovely fuzzy purple colour, a football disaperaing into a keepers head and the one I hate most when it begins to freeze up during some sort of race (usually a final in Midtown Madness 2 for me).

Well the main reason why the companies don't fix the little bugs is because they make a realise date to early and fall behind schedule and rush everything. Also they are to concerned about making money they forget their customers who pay £35 a pop to play their wonderful games.

What I would like to see happen to the companies (but won't because they have a monopoly and people always want the latest games) is that they lose their customers due to them being greedy, run out of ideas because they have used them all up and then they go bankrupt because they make a lot of dud games.
Tue 28/11/00 at 00:16
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Thats one thing with consoles and PC's. When we buy a console game, we're fine and confident that we can play and play on a console game without any worry of it crashing.

When playing a PC game, theres always this back of the head thought that any minute now the game will crash - especially when things get busy.
It almost limits the game in a way because you end up trying to avoid situations that'll end up with you looking at the windows screen.

I don't know why this hasn't been tackled yet because it must be one if not THE most annoying thing about PC games.
Mon 27/11/00 at 21:28
Regular
They are good, not all of them need loading.
The good thing about the N64, slot in catridge, plug in four controllers, switch on power button, start a multiplayer frenzy!
Mon 27/11/00 at 21:26
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I don't like PC games, you need to load and install them, thats why i got my N64, no loading, plug and play is the way! it was worth the money, but I didn't need it during my GCSEs, too many cool games to play, lucky PDark didn't come out until after them. I could have got straight Us
ha ha ha ha, hhmm, why am I laughing at myself?
Mon 27/11/00 at 21:25
Regular
Oh no the keeper's pouring a cup of coffee on the side line and somehow saves, more like...
Mon 27/11/00 at 21:25
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I have to laugh at the keepers, the ball is heading for the top right and ends at the corner flag. Or when it changes completely on one case I scored and the ball acted as if I hhit it wide it hit off the boards.

Or when they supposedly save it after they are miles away from it. STill the games are good.
Mon 27/11/00 at 21:23
Regular
Oh no the keeper's fallen backwards and somehow saves.....
Mon 27/11/00 at 21:22
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I just got a new PC last year so thats noy the problem. I admit some games are excellent even with a slight bug, but it is the games that are already not thatgood that are full of bugs I am annoyed at.
Mon 27/11/00 at 21:21
Regular
Have you ever played Pele on the Megadrive! The ball would bounce off the goal, EVEN if there was no goalie! Like a sheet of glass over the posts!
Mon 27/11/00 at 21:18
Regular
Yeah the keepers statically save the goal, after it's 10 yards away from them.
Mon 27/11/00 at 21:17
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
games crash on me because my PC isn't good enough, it's not good enough for anything really but thats not the point!
the dissapearing football has something to do with some goalkeepers being different sizes and it's hard to make it unique for every camera angle for every goalkeeper. you have to give them some credit, but after you buy it, they don't care what you think, they have their money and you have a shoddy game. but then you get a fantastic game which makes you forget, anyway, i can only think of one game which does this.....Tombraider(why do they have so many games?)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.