GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone else with form problems this evening??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/07/08 at 22:26
Regular
"one more question"
I thought my website was running a bit quiet tonight so I decided to test my forms (the ones that I changed yesterday to "freeola form to mail" & added captcha, all tested 100%) and all them are coming up with the same error after submission:

(page title: Form To Mail Script)

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /freeola/users/form_to_mail.php on line 77
The form was not submitted for the following reasons:
Invalid host name (scorpionleasing.co.uk), please ensure you post to this form from a site that is hosted with Freeola.

Please use your browser's back button to return to the form and try again.

Anyone else with problems at all? & is this possibly linked to the MyFreeola upgrades that took place today?
Fri 11/07/08 at 12:38
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hello,

Sorry about not updating you all. Due to the new MyFreeola changes updating the form script to work with these was kind of overlooked! It's being worked on right now and should be functional shortly.
Fri 11/07/08 at 09:30
Regular
"one more question"
Very true, but in their defence they did think it was a problem my end first & had literally just emailed me to apologise & as I was reading your last post.
They may have updated their status page by now, or hopefully they think it'll be a quick fix, therefore no need to alert everyone (wishful thinking eh)
Fri 11/07/08 at 09:16
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for that!

That's good - it would have been nice it they had updated the (new improved) Status Page as that my first point of call each day and it would have saved my typing all this... :¬P

Search Freeola Chat
Fri 11/07/08 at 09:10
Regular
"one more question"
Thanks Hmmm, don't take this the wrong way but I'm glad you found a problem too..... I raised a support ticket last night & freeola have already responded. They've aknowledged the fault is on their side & are working on it as we speak
Fri 11/07/08 at 09:05
"Are you sure?"
Update: Just tried a non-Freeola Form_Mail on one of my other site (uses Tectite) and this also failed:

"Your form submission has been rejected as it appears to be an abuse of our server."

Hopefully this is part of the same problem...

EDIT: Just tried this again (non-Freeola script) and it seems to be working now - After having a read it seems the Tectite code is cleverer than I thought and didn't like the junk I used to test it :¬)

Search Freeola Chat
Fri 11/07/08 at 08:50
"Are you sure?"
Looks like you are right - something's broken!

I've just tried a normal Freeola FORM and one with 'captcha' and they both fail with the error you've mentioned.

Hopefully Freeola will see this post and let us know it's under investigation - I'll give it an hour or so before raising a Support Ticket.

Search Freeola Chat
Thu 10/07/08 at 22:26
Regular
"one more question"
I thought my website was running a bit quiet tonight so I decided to test my forms (the ones that I changed yesterday to "freeola form to mail" & added captcha, all tested 100%) and all them are coming up with the same error after submission:

(page title: Form To Mail Script)

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /freeola/users/form_to_mail.php on line 77
The form was not submitted for the following reasons:
Invalid host name (scorpionleasing.co.uk), please ensure you post to this form from a site that is hosted with Freeola.

Please use your browser's back button to return to the form and try again.

Anyone else with problems at all? & is this possibly linked to the MyFreeola upgrades that took place today?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.