GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Technology has its downsides!(spoof)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/09/02 at 00:06
Regular
One cold winter night Drunk Cow, Cubist, Shadowblade, Bubbly Babe, and Mystique were walking through the mall unaware what would become of them that night. They really didn't have any more money becuase they all pitched in to buy a GameBoy Advanced and E-Card reader for each of them so they all just wandered through the mall. As they strolled up in down the mall searching for something to do, they ran into a strange man. He was wearing a balck trench coat with silver pants and a towering top hat. He streched out his palm and stop them in their tracks

Cubist= Excuse me!
Man=....
Mystique=Hello, do you hear us.
Drunk Cow=What's your prob.....
(The man interupts Drunk Cow)
Man=You won't countinue your pointless wondering around these parts.
Shadowblade=What are you trying to say mate?
Man=Follow me.
(The man then turns around and starts walking)

All five of them didn't really know what to do at this moment. They all really were bored and did want to find out what this guy was talking about so one by one they followed the man. The man walked out of the mall and started toward the nearby woods. With no thought of what could happen they followed him all the way toward a small open field with a wierd white box like room with the door on front of them in the distance. It stood right in the middle of the field.

Bubbly Babe= So now what?
Man= Enter that room.
Shadowblade=Why do we have to listen to you?
Man=Enter the room.
Mystique=What's wrong with you?
Man= Enter the room

They all walked ahead until they were derectly in front of the door. "We're still not going in there" Cubist said. Without a moments notice the man showed them through the door. They all fell on each other and they heard the man in the distance. "This is what you deserve for using that new age technology" the man yelled through the door as he seeled it quickly.

The room was a cube shape and the walls, floor, and ceiling were completely white and where the door was, was replaced by white aswell. The walls seemed to stare at them as they struggled to their feet to see where they were. Mystique and Drunk Cow instantly ran toward where the door was and beat at it violently with no effect. Bubbly Babe started crying all of a sudden. Cubist walked to her paitently and slipped on a small card. Cubist turned around and examined what was there.

They were five cards around the size of an average playing card. The side that faced up had an E-Card logo on it. Bubbly Babe stoped crying and everyone crowded around Cubist. Shadowblade picked one up slowly and turned it over. It was completely blank! One by one each of them picked one up and turned it over and all of them turned out blank. They gave each other a nervous blank stare. They just put the cards in their pokects quickly.

Shadowblade walked toward the northeast corner and decided to sit down. As he bent down his GameBoy Advence and E-Card reader fell out of this pokect along with his card. He quitely swiped the card through the E-Card reader. He then stared at this card for a few seconds and began to see small signs of words and a picture. He then calls over the others exited. They all walked over to him and joined Shadowblade at looking at the card. The card finished developing and it turned out being a picture of a small girl walking through a solid stone wall. The caption underneath said "You don't deserve to die".

Shadowblade and the others looks at the card cluelessly and then Shadowblade falls over and goes through the wall and ends up leaving the room. Mystique, Bubbly Babe, Cubist, and Drunk Cow's jaws drop and they continue viewing the wall he fell through like they were almost lifeless. Quickly Mystique, Cubist, and Drunk Cow take out there E-readers and GBA and swipe their cards. Bubbly Babe also takes it out but the card slips from her grasp and falls on the floor. All the others looked as thier cards develope and when it did they found a picture of a cold cemetery with skulls emerging from the ground. And the caption read, "But you do deserve to die".

All of a sudden the whole room turned a very dark gray color. They all stood still frightened. Then large, metal, sharp, spikes poped out of all the walls. Then the walls started to close in on them slowly. Franticly they all ran around in the space thay had. Bubbly Babe struggled to get her card still, but was blocked by all the others running in front of it.

As the walls grew closer Drunk Cow, Mystique, and Cubist all stood crunched together in the middle of the room because it was the safest place to be. Then afterward the walls were extremely close and it was only a few seconds until their death. Bubbly Babe finaly reaches for her card and swipes it quickly. The spikes were at least seven feet away now. Bubbly Babe screamed as she waited for the card to develop.

When it was finished developing she saw a picture of the room she was in before with white walls and floor, but something was different. There was a small hatch-like door on the ceiling. And below the picture read, "Escape now!". Bubbly Babe rapidly looked up and saw that a small hatch was now on the ceiling. The spikes were two feet away!

Suddenly all the others began to yell countinously and didn't stop. Bubbly Babe climed on top of Cubist and jumped up for the hatch. It opened automaticly and she slipped through in the knick of time. She looked down the hatch again to see if there was enough time for them to follow, but at that moment the spikes penatrated all of them and the room and the others were no more.

Bubbly Babe cryed sadly for a long while with her E-reader and her card still in her hand. Then she opened her eyes to see where she was. She saw a big fountain alined with many shops of shoes and clothing. She aross quickly and looked all around her and a cold chill ran through her spine. She was back in the mall! The mall was closed and the lights and everything were all off! She covered her mouth with her hands in shock and looked at where the hatch is.

It was't anywhere it be found! What had just happened to her? She walked to the nearest exit and found a little garbage can on the left hand side of the exit door. With a small hesitation she droped her GBA and E-reader in the garbage. She kept the card grasped in her hand and looked at it.

Again it was blank! Then she droped it on the floor and inched out of the mall.It didn't take her long to get home. She then walked to her bed and cried herself to sleep.

THE END

Drunk
Sun 29/09/02 at 23:26
Regular
"C'Mon Feel The Love"
Not a bad Spoof Drunk Cow, hope you win GAD.
Sun 29/09/02 at 23:20
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
It's amazing that with a click of a button I could bring this back to the top of the topic list.:)
Sun 29/09/02 at 01:14
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Constapated Monkey what a name lol nice tagline as well
Sun 29/09/02 at 01:11
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Constipated-Monkey wrote:
> Tribute have I made any posts that you have told me was good???

Constapated Monkey what are you talking about?:\
Sun 29/09/02 at 01:05
"Bad Monkey"
Tribute have I made any posts that you have told me was good???
Sat 28/09/02 at 20:15
Regular
"Festivus!"
Check My post for some class!
Sat 28/09/02 at 19:38
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Tribute a was kind of overeacting there.

There should be a sarcasim button built into my keyboard.
Sat 28/09/02 at 19:36
Regular
"Festivus!"
Drunk Cow wrote:
> it would be the
> bestest(I know that's not a word) thing in the world.:)

Sorry, but me dating a supermadel would be the bestest day in the world.
Sat 28/09/02 at 19:33
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Cubist wrote:
> I know you didn't ask me but I think you do because there aren't that
> many outstanding posts I can see to compete against. I had to post my
> report on gaming through the years on the same day as Edgy and Dringo!
> God I'm bumb :(

Yes you are you even spelled dumb wrong.LOL
And thanks for the comment. I have an election in my school on monday for officers of DFYIT. I'm one of the four nomonies for officer(and I will win becuase personaly those other people are no challenge). So my point is if I win an election and a GAD in one day it would be the bestest(I know that's not a word) thing in the world.:)
Sat 28/09/02 at 19:30
Regular
"Festivus!"
I don't. Sorry

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.