GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HOW TO WIN A GAD!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/09/02 at 20:42
Regular
Welcome to Tributes first ever attempt on advising newbies to win GAD's. This is my attempt at helping poor n00bs who have no idea about what this is about. I'll do it in steps, so that people understand.

1) Get a Username

Offensive ones are always the best ones. Ones that say 'I'm the best, like it or lump it, or one that tells people what you're all about - 'Ninty Hater' or 'Shiguru Scum' are perfect. An abusive tagline is also good to add to your perfection.

2) Pick a Subject

The subject is the most crucial part of winning a GAD. An interesting subject is key to winning, as well is a little bit of humour. Console wars are usually a good bet, with abusing nintendo coming in a close second. If you want something different goto step 2.

3) Go and ask for tips

A part of being a GAD winning newbie is going around, begging regulars and notables for help and telling them that you need a GAD. If you are out of ideas for a GAD, ask Notables for their precious ideas, they are bound to give you them all.

4) Start your Post

The key to your post is a good, strong opening line. Something that sums up just about everythng that you are trying to say. Make it daring and bold. Possibly 'Nintendo are rubbish. Just because'

5) Be Totally Biased

Put across your point of view and yours only. Say everything you can to abuse/praise (yeah, right) the thing in question and don't give a damn about what anybody else thinks.

6) Less is More

A shorter post is a better post. You don't want a long, few hundred worder which gives everyside of the argument, you want a small, 5 liner with no spacing, minimal punctuation, bad speeling (did it on purpose) and, most of all, no paragraphs

7) Mention GAD

Be sure to mention, at the end, that this is your first attempt at a GAD and that you hope it does well, as people are sure to feel sympathy towards you.

8) Post it

Post it and leave the site. Why do you need to check the replies? Just come back in a few days time to collect your prize.

There you are, my guide to win a GAD. I don't know why I dd this, as you are all going to go off and beat my ideas now aren't you?
Thu 02/01/03 at 10:11
Regular
"Festivus!"
Indeed
Thu 02/01/03 at 09:35
Regular
Arghhhh, old, arghhhhh!
I didnt realize you did this topic Idlewild, still funny though.
*dies*
Thu 02/01/03 at 09:33
Regular
"Festivus!"
I love the topic searcher :)
Wed 23/10/02 at 11:16
Regular
"Festivus!"
"The Eliminator" wrote:
> You didn't mention that if you send in over 20 cheats hints or reviews
> in 1 day you might be given a GAD, which is waht I tried to other day.

I also didn't mention that this was a joke whic many people took seriously and called me stupid until they realised that is was. That was waffle but it worked for me :)
Wed 23/10/02 at 11:15
Regular
"Festivus!"
LL Cool TT wrote:
> Ultima Online?! I don't bother with THOSE things.

What you talking about? where did Ultima online come from? Nobody was talking about that!
Wed 23/10/02 at 11:14
You didn't mention that if you send in over 20 cheats hints or reviews in 1 day you might be given a GAD, which is waht I tried to other day.
Wed 23/10/02 at 11:11
Regular
"bWo > You"
Ultima Online?! I don't bother with THOSE things.
Wed 23/10/02 at 10:59
Regular
"Festivus!"
Just though I'd bring this to the 'new' generation...
Sat 28/09/02 at 22:24
Regular
"Festivus!"
and Nice to see you are now a regular Ultima
Sat 28/09/02 at 22:00
Yes, Tribute. I did not read properly the first time.

UW.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.