GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tekken 4 Vs Virtua Fighter 4"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/09/02 at 19:27
Regular
quick poll just for something, which is best?

I think they are similar but tekken is better because of the tekken force thingy.
Mon 30/09/02 at 15:46
Regular
"95% organic"
VF4's the best option if you take your fighting games seriously. There's alot of depth and longevity in Sega' classic.

Tekken 4, on the other hand, still has that instinctive pick-up'n'playility... which makes it a top choice for 2 player clashes with drunken non-gamers.
Mon 30/09/02 at 10:06
Regular
I think its far better than DOA's use of walls. With that game, all ya did was crash through them, making virtually no difference at all to your characters. It didn`t matter who was being hit through the wall and who was following them. In Tekken, as I said below, if you get pushed up against a wall, it can be tough to get out of - part of the reason they have those new reversal throws using X and square.
Sun 29/09/02 at 19:15
Regular
I agree, Tekken 4 needs some serious improvements if it is going to compete with the likes of DOA and VF. Not including the bonus games (volleyball, bowling) is a step backwards. The destructable scenery and crowds is a nice new touch, but it needs more work.
Fri 27/09/02 at 21:00
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I think Tekken is getting a bit tedius now, the first one was great, but i don't think they'll bring out many more. However Vitua Fighter 4 has to be one of my mot hated games, far too arcady for me. Tekken wins.
Fri 27/09/02 at 11:14
Regular
Its sooo predictable - Heihachi just keeps getting older. Do the rest of the characters not get older?

There have been some fairly major improvements in Tekken 4 - the use of walls, which really make a difference unlike in DOA2. Of course, with DOA, you could go crashing through to a new part of the level, but it didn`t really matter if you were against the wall or not. With Tekken, if you get pinned against a wall, just like in real life, you`re more likely to get the park beaten out of you.

I could go into a full length review, but I`m saving that for my site, but basically, with Tekken being newer, it is more graphically advanced, though there isn`t snow :( and the fighting style suits me better (but thats personal preference). PSM2 rated Tekken 4 higher, and so do I.
Thu 26/09/02 at 21:34
I'm getting bored of the tekken series there to predicable like heihatchi (if thats how you spell it)is alway getting older. And someone told me that hes about 90 years old and still going strong.
Thu 26/09/02 at 19:30
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Has a noob stolen KR's name and stuff?
Thu 26/09/02 at 19:27
Regular
quick poll just for something, which is best?

I think they are similar but tekken is better because of the tekken force thingy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.