GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who do you believe?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/09/02 at 14:07
Regular
Chris Stamper, one of the founders of Rare, said the company had been looking for a partner with a "clear vision of the future".

"Xbox and Microsoft had a clear vision and that was more important to us," he said.

Consider that for a moment. Rare wanted a new partner with vision. Yet, if we believe what Nintendo released to the press, Rare had all but begged to stay with Nintendo, and were turned down.

Are Rare covering up the fact that they were shut out, or are Nintendo lying about wanting to be rid of them?
Fri 27/09/02 at 22:50
Regular
Rare initially wanted to sell out to Nintendo.

Whether it was because Nintendo was their favourite company, or because it was more convenient (no upsets or legal disputes), we wouldn't know.

As it is, Rare ended up with Microsoft and obviously want to make the very best out of their new partnership.

Rare would've thrived with either company.
Fri 27/09/02 at 20:29
Regular
That quote from Rare was nothing but meaningless waffle to prove their new found loyalty to Microsoft. It doesn't mean anything. Not Nintendo have no future, or aren't planning ahead - they've got a very firm grasp on what to come.
Thu 26/09/02 at 17:53
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I would say Nintendo are telling the truth. Who would want to intentionally leave Nintendo?
Thu 26/09/02 at 17:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It doesn't really matter. Nintendo say they broke up with Rare, Rare say they finished Nintendo. We'll probably never know.
Thu 26/09/02 at 17:13
Well both sides have their say...so...you like stuff?...(:)
Thu 26/09/02 at 16:21
Regular
God knows, they're both bound to cover whatever happened up so who knows?

I'd go with Nintendo.....just because.
Thu 26/09/02 at 14:30
Regular
"Australian Person."
I guess I beleive Nintendo, but you never know...
Thu 26/09/02 at 14:22
Regular
both?
Thu 26/09/02 at 14:07
"Darkness, always"
Chris Stamper, one of the founders of Rare, said the company had been looking for a partner with a "clear vision of the future".

"Xbox and Microsoft had a clear vision and that was more important to us," he said.

Consider that for a moment. Rare wanted a new partner with vision. Yet, if we believe what Nintendo released to the press, Rare had all but begged to stay with Nintendo, and were turned down.

Are Rare covering up the fact that they were shut out, or are Nintendo lying about wanting to be rid of them?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.