GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone having PES5 disc problems?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 6'.
Sat 29/10/05 at 19:22
Regular
"Long time no see!"
The single most greatest game I have on my new-but-second-hand Xbox, and after recently installing a new Thomson CD-drive, I'm getting disc reading errors every time I try to play!

It's taken me FIVE attempts to finish the FA Cup final (fair enough, I beat Spurs one-nil in the end, thanks to super-sub Louis Saha...)

But it's so damn annoying - especially as this is the ONLY game doing it now; besides GTA III of course, which apparently is just a pain in the rear anyway. :P

My disc ooks fine. And as I said, I only installed a brand-new (eBay bought) drive three or four weeks ago...

It may just be me, but on the outter edge of the small ring there do appear to be a few marks moving back inwards which appear to be under the disc's surface. Almost like a few extra dabs of glue too many; not that I presume discs are made in that way, but it gives you an idea, I hope.

If anyone else is having the bad messages pop-up, I'd be interested to hear. If not, I may try and see if I can still exchange the game for another disc, once I've tested all other games for a longer period of time.

I did notice an awful lot of dust around the fans when I took the 'Box apart then, so a general clean up, which I didn't do then, may provide some assistance also...

It's way beyond a joke now - every single time, partway through a game, I hear the music skipping or the crowd go off, and I just know! :(

(Oh, I also intend to look at gameFAQs.com for a manual update to do.)
Mon 31/10/05 at 21:00
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
or†ega!!!!! wrote:
> its happened to me twice when i was playing online trying to connect
> to someones game (both within 5 minutes of each other)
>
> although that was over a week ago and hasnt happened since. took the
> disc out and igve it and the drive a good blow.

I've had a few errors and "Disc may be dirty or damaged" during a LIVE game, but that's becaue of my old xbox.
Sun 30/10/05 at 23:42
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
or†ega!!!!! wrote:
> a good blow.

Ahahahahaa, I'm such a child.
Sun 30/10/05 at 23:12
Regular
its happened to me twice when i was playing online trying to connect to someones game (both within 5 minutes of each other)

although that was over a week ago and hasnt happened since. took the disc out and igve it and the drive a good blow.
Sat 29/10/05 at 19:22
Regular
"Long time no see!"
The single most greatest game I have on my new-but-second-hand Xbox, and after recently installing a new Thomson CD-drive, I'm getting disc reading errors every time I try to play!

It's taken me FIVE attempts to finish the FA Cup final (fair enough, I beat Spurs one-nil in the end, thanks to super-sub Louis Saha...)

But it's so damn annoying - especially as this is the ONLY game doing it now; besides GTA III of course, which apparently is just a pain in the rear anyway. :P

My disc ooks fine. And as I said, I only installed a brand-new (eBay bought) drive three or four weeks ago...

It may just be me, but on the outter edge of the small ring there do appear to be a few marks moving back inwards which appear to be under the disc's surface. Almost like a few extra dabs of glue too many; not that I presume discs are made in that way, but it gives you an idea, I hope.

If anyone else is having the bad messages pop-up, I'd be interested to hear. If not, I may try and see if I can still exchange the game for another disc, once I've tested all other games for a longer period of time.

I did notice an awful lot of dust around the fans when I took the 'Box apart then, so a general clean up, which I didn't do then, may provide some assistance also...

It's way beyond a joke now - every single time, partway through a game, I hear the music skipping or the crowd go off, and I just know! :(

(Oh, I also intend to look at gameFAQs.com for a manual update to do.)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.