GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Dark music"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/09/02 at 10:57
Regular
I don't know about you lot, but when playing videogames, I always listen out for the in-game music. I don't know why, but it just fascinates me. Anyway, I think we can all agree that the in-game music in Perfect Dark - especially the credits music - was brilliant... but I'd really like to see (or hear! SNORT!!!) Microsoft and Rareware signing some sort of deal for heavy metal, punk, rock etc bands doing their own versions of the in-game tunes - perhaps with lyrics - which would get featured within the game, and maybe be released as an album.

2 bands I'd like to see do tracks would be Linkin Park and Papa Roach,

What are your opinions?
Thu 26/09/02 at 10:57
Regular
"Remember me?"
I don't know about you lot, but when playing videogames, I always listen out for the in-game music. I don't know why, but it just fascinates me. Anyway, I think we can all agree that the in-game music in Perfect Dark - especially the credits music - was brilliant... but I'd really like to see (or hear! SNORT!!!) Microsoft and Rareware signing some sort of deal for heavy metal, punk, rock etc bands doing their own versions of the in-game tunes - perhaps with lyrics - which would get featured within the game, and maybe be released as an album.

2 bands I'd like to see do tracks would be Linkin Park and Papa Roach,

What are your opinions?
Thu 26/09/02 at 11:02
Regular
"DS..."
firstly the in game music in the original Perfect Dark was excellent and secondly linkin park or papa roach would not suit it, the whole point of the in game music in perfect dark was to create atmosohere and boy did it do it well, signing up bands to put music with lyrics into a game like that is just plain stupid i mean it would be like playing Resi on the GC with sum41 in the background, just doesnt work does it? do you see my point?

slik ~_~
Thu 26/09/02 at 11:02
Regular
"Wobble"
Sounds like you need a dose of GTA Vice City!
Thu 26/09/02 at 11:04
Regular
"DS..."
Freddie Ljungberg wrote:
> Sounds like you need a dose of GTA Vice City!

pfffff! i need a dose of GTA vice city like a nail in the head!

slik ~_~
Thu 26/09/02 at 11:04
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
If you want that sort of music play Tony Hawks.

I'll shut up now

bye
Thu 26/09/02 at 11:05
Regular
"Wobble"
$lik wrote:
> pfffff! i need a dose of GTA vice city like a nail in the head!

That was actually to the original post, you just beat me to it.

As for nails in the head - I could oblige! :-)
Thu 26/09/02 at 11:07
Regular
"Remember me?"
$lik wrote:
> firstly the in game music in the original Perfect Dark was excellent
> and secondly linkin park or papa roach would not suit it, the whole
> point of the in game music in perfect dark was to create atmosohere
> and boy did it do it well, signing up bands to put music with lyrics
> into a game like that is just plain stupid i mean it would be like
> playing Resi on the GC with sum41 in the background, just doesnt work
> does it? do you see my point?
>
> slik ~_~

I say MAYBE with lyrics. Lyrics while playing (unless you're playing Tony Hawk's games, as Rosalind correctly stated) just doesn't go. I'm talking about having lyrics at the credits or something. I said MAYBE with lyrics.

MAYBE.

slik ~_~
Thu 26/09/02 at 11:07
Regular
"DS..."
Freddie Ljungberg wrote:
> $lik wrote:
> pfffff! i need a dose of GTA vice city like a nail in the head!
>
> That was actually to the original post, you just beat me to it.
>
> As for nails in the head - I could oblige! :-)

Really? how kind *hands Freddie a hammer and a nail*

slik ~_~
Thu 26/09/02 at 13:31
Regular
In the credits maybe - it would make it more movie-like.

Why is it movies have songs that aren't even featured in the main picture itself, in the credits?

I doubt that kind of music would suit Perfect Dark in-game though. That's why movies tend to go more orchestral (depending on the movie) becuase rock, pop, etc, doesn't always go well with movies.

can you imagine what Saving Private Ryan would be like if they played "I will survive" in the D-Day landings at the beginning?
Thu 26/09/02 at 14:13
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Edgy wrote:
> can you imagine what Saving Private Ryan would be like if they played
> "I will survive" in the D-Day landings at the beginning?

Much better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.