GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question For Xboxers."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/09/02 at 22:11
Regular
Now that it is completely 100% official that Microsoft has bought Rare,But they still will create games for Nintys GBA, how many of you Xboxers will be getting an Gamecube to carry on playing the great Rare Game StarFox Adventures? or Great Nintendo games coming up,

It seems that you love Rare so much, as you lot now always shout "We've got Rare developing for us!" whenever someone has tried to put down the Xbox. So I guess that you'll all be putting your Xbox's away in the Attic, and you'll be buying a Gamecube pretty soonish, as you know the Ninty has the better games coming out!

Or am I wrong?
Thu 26/09/02 at 21:50
Regular
I was very annoyed that rare defected. I was going to buy a gamecube but now i think it will be an X box for me! Rare made most of the good games on the N64 and their loss is a severe blow to nintendo especially perfect dark 2 as it was to be a major seller for both the games and the consoles for them.
Thu 26/09/02 at 21:49
Regular
"bit of a brain"
x boxers? what like nigel benn?
Thu 26/09/02 at 21:35
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Mystique copied my post in my spoof and it made me want to go ggggggggggrrrr!.

It hurts my heart when I breath is this bad.
Thu 26/09/02 at 21:33
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I have a GameCube and an X-Box so it's win win for me :D
Thu 26/09/02 at 21:31
"possibly impossible"
da_1_n_only wrote:
lots of stuff from Savatt78's post

Hey, you didn't need to copy all that. Damn newbies*

*this does not apply to all the sensible ones who play by the rules.
Thu 26/09/02 at 21:27
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Why would I want a GC when I have a list of around 70 X-Box games that
> I want ? Mario doesn't really appeal to me enough to warrant buying a
> GC.
> Resident Evil is a good series, but again, not enough to warrant
> having a GC.
>
> The only game that could of gotten me interested in buying one again
> was a Conker's BFD game and we all know where thats heading now.
> ;-)
>
> As for Rare overall - I doubt I'll be buying things like Banjo, but
> Conker's and PD: Zero are very likely to be bought. Not sure about
> Kameo yet. Other than that, its a matter of seeing what happens.
>
> Anyway, its pretty funny to hear you taking a dig at X-Boxers when if
> theres a turn around of opinion, its the Ninties. ;-))
> Awhile back it was "we have Rare - they're the best !" Then
> the rumours started in a couple of mags and it was "Hahahaha,
> like Rare would move to Microsoft - dream on !"
> Then the rumours started to become more and more realistic and
> opinions turned to "well Rare are good, but Nintendo don't really
> need them..."
> And then on the last days running upto the official announcement and
> over it, opinions are "Rare aren't all that good, most of the
> developers have left so they're pretty crap now. Nintendo don't need
> Rare, theres loads of better companies. I actually don't really
> remember many good Rare games....I can't wait for Starfox !!!!"
>
> Overall, things are a lot funnier this end. ;-))

Lol!
Wed 25/09/02 at 22:43
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Why would I want a GC when I have a list of around 70 X-Box games that I want ? Mario doesn't really appeal to me enough to warrant buying a GC.
Resident Evil is a good series, but again, not enough to warrant having a GC.

The only game that could of gotten me interested in buying one again was a Conker's BFD game and we all know where thats heading now. ;-)

As for Rare overall - I doubt I'll be buying things like Banjo, but Conker's and PD: Zero are very likely to be bought. Not sure about Kameo yet. Other than that, its a matter of seeing what happens.

Anyway, its pretty funny to hear you taking a dig at X-Boxers when if theres a turn around of opinion, its the Ninties. ;-))
Awhile back it was "we have Rare - they're the best !" Then the rumours started in a couple of mags and it was "Hahahaha, like Rare would move to Microsoft - dream on !"
Then the rumours started to become more and more realistic and opinions turned to "well Rare are good, but Nintendo don't really need them..."
And then on the last days running upto the official announcement and over it, opinions are "Rare aren't all that good, most of the developers have left so they're pretty crap now. Nintendo don't need Rare, theres loads of better companies. I actually don't really remember many good Rare games....I can't wait for Starfox !!!!"

Overall, things are a lot funnier this end. ;-))
Wed 25/09/02 at 22:11
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Now that it is completely 100% official that Microsoft has bought Rare,But they still will create games for Nintys GBA, how many of you Xboxers will be getting an Gamecube to carry on playing the great Rare Game StarFox Adventures? or Great Nintendo games coming up,

It seems that you love Rare so much, as you lot now always shout "We've got Rare developing for us!" whenever someone has tried to put down the Xbox. So I guess that you'll all be putting your Xbox's away in the Attic, and you'll be buying a Gamecube pretty soonish, as you know the Ninty has the better games coming out!

Or am I wrong?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.