GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"pb - ten times slower that broadband"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/09/02 at 21:06
Regular
Tis true, BT say I can't have broadband in the forseeable future. I'm about 5km too far from the exchange to get it and they haven't got any plans to stretch the service any further until new technology makes it viable.

Still, I have ISDN to keep me going, but it's not going to be much good when Xbox Live comes along, is it? hmph!
Fri 27/09/02 at 10:57
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
My house is within site of the BT Exact Laboratories at Martlesham Heath where the broadband technolgy was invented - and I can't get broadband !!

Even funnier - the woman who is head of Broadband Marketing at Martlesham also cannot get broadband at home - she lives at Martlesham as well. Bloody mad.

BT - couldn't organise a etc etc etc
Thu 26/09/02 at 23:03
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Pointless Babble wrote:
> *Hisses*
>
> You'll get yours! Foul, gloating one. :P

---

I probably will someday. I always get something.

Tee hee!

AJ - easily amused by comments that don't make sense.
Thu 26/09/02 at 21:52
Regular
"Don't Mess Yourself"
Actually the ironic thing is that I want broadband and live within the space but have a 166mhz mesh pc which barely copes with my 28.8k modem.
I need a new pc.
Lets start a new one. PC a day
Or a week, or month.
Maxx PC's are quite expensive.
Thu 26/09/02 at 21:47
Regular
"Don't Mess Yourself"
What is this ARSDSL stuff.
I really dont know and would much rather talk techie with some beardies rather than just phone BT or i dunno get a life and stop going to games workshop.
Thu 26/09/02 at 21:38
"possibly impossible"
adrian wrote:
> If your exchange hasnt been enabled for ADSL and you want it then
> hassle the exchange. As BT arent upgrading exchanges until a certain
> number of inquiries are made about that exchange.
>
> go to www.adslguide.org.uk to find more information on this. It also
> has some exchanges that are very close to being enable, so some of
> yours maybe enabled very soon.

Yes, but if your Exchange is enabled for ADSL and it's too far away for you to get it then you are pretty much stuffed until new technology can extend its reach. I'm just waiting to get the technology from the aliens so that I can receive free energy from a perpetual motion machine. THEN we'll see who's boss!
Thu 26/09/02 at 21:25
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
If your exchange hasnt been enabled for ADSL and you want it then hassle the exchange. As BT arent upgrading exchanges until a certain number of inquiries are made about that exchange.

go to www.adslguide.org.uk to find more information on this. It also has some exchanges that are very close to being enable, so some of yours maybe enabled very soon.
Thu 26/09/02 at 18:16
"Stupid Newbie :D"
AfroJoe wrote:
> And I have Broadband.

*Hisses*

You'll get yours! Foul, gloating one. :P
Thu 26/09/02 at 09:36
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
And I have Broadband.

:-)
Thu 26/09/02 at 08:21
Regular
Gah, same thing with me. I'm about 2 miles too far from the Winslow Aylesbury exchange, or something absolutey, 100% gay like that. Good thing I'm not using the net that much these days. I would like to download movies though.
Thu 26/09/02 at 00:26
Regular
"everyone says it"
BT are idiots.

They won't let my PC connect until I have a username and password. I phone up to get one, and I need the username and password to talk to someone.

ARGH!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.