GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jak X / Ratchet: Deadlocked"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/10/05 at 17:48
"High polygon count"
Hmm...

Have to say, I like the look of Jak X for the PS2 ( [URL]http://uk.playstation.com/previews/previewStory.jhtml?storyId=107137_en_GB_PREV&linktype=PC115[/URL] ) and the forthcoming Daxter game for the PSP.

But the next Ratchet game - 'Deadlocked' or 'Gladiator' depending on which site you visit, and without Clank - hasn't really grabbed my interest yet, though I've loved the previous titles.

Jak X takes the series in a racing direction, and I guess builds on the utterly superb driving sections featured in Jak 3. The Daxter game will continue the excellent platforming action the series is primarily known for, with one of (in my opinion) the best characters ever to appear on PS2

But Ratchet: Deadlocked/Gladiator seems to have done away with both the platforming aspect and the gadgets of Clank, to focus solely on the weapons and the shoot-em-up aspects. The weapons and their upgrades were a vital and fun part of the Ratchet series, but I'm not sure basing the whole game on them is the best move. I know they had to do something new to keep it fresh, but I'm not convinced this is the right choice.
Thu 03/11/05 at 10:39
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
The best thing about R&C? Turbo boots.

Blasting down the sewers is fun. Write it down.
Tue 01/11/05 at 00:13
"High polygon count"
Jak 2 was a fantastic game, no doubt about it.

But for me, Jak 3 sneaks it because of the buggy sections and that absolutely mad last few levels, where you're chasing the huge spider-like mech across the badlands, shooting out the Eco crystals on the 'ankles'.
Mon 31/10/05 at 21:16
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Of all the games released in both series so far, Jak 3 is probably
> the best.

Lies! Jak 2 ftw.
Mon 31/10/05 at 14:55
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Clank was an interesting character, but almost utterly useless in 3. The only good thing about him was the heli/thruster packs.
Sun 30/10/05 at 21:06
"High polygon count"
About...?
Sun 30/10/05 at 21:02
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Surely you jest!
Sun 30/10/05 at 18:14
"High polygon count"
If you haven't tried Jak & Daxter, I thoroughly recommend them - especially 2 & 3. The first is a pure platformer, whereas 2 & 3 introduced the weapons.

Of all the games released in both series so far, Jak 3 is probably the best.
Sun 30/10/05 at 17:53
Regular
"Mozzy"
I've only played one of them - Ratchet and Clank 3 and I loved it. It was the first R&C game I played and I loved everything about it, the weapons, different levels, characters etc.

I haven't tried any Jak games though. But seeing as the latest Jak is turning more towards racing then I probably wont get it.

The new R&C looks good but like you said theres no Clank (:() and seeing as it worked so well in R&C3 they've decided to concentrate mainly on shooting.

So they've both changed so much that they cant even be called platformers and cant really be compared with each other. :(

I'd go for the next Ratchet game tho, just for the characters, the laughs and the weapons. :)
Sun 30/10/05 at 17:48
"High polygon count"
Hmm...

Have to say, I like the look of Jak X for the PS2 ( [URL]http://uk.playstation.com/previews/previewStory.jhtml?storyId=107137_en_GB_PREV&linktype=PC115[/URL] ) and the forthcoming Daxter game for the PSP.

But the next Ratchet game - 'Deadlocked' or 'Gladiator' depending on which site you visit, and without Clank - hasn't really grabbed my interest yet, though I've loved the previous titles.

Jak X takes the series in a racing direction, and I guess builds on the utterly superb driving sections featured in Jak 3. The Daxter game will continue the excellent platforming action the series is primarily known for, with one of (in my opinion) the best characters ever to appear on PS2

But Ratchet: Deadlocked/Gladiator seems to have done away with both the platforming aspect and the gadgets of Clank, to focus solely on the weapons and the shoot-em-up aspects. The weapons and their upgrades were a vital and fun part of the Ratchet series, but I'm not sure basing the whole game on them is the best move. I know they had to do something new to keep it fresh, but I'm not convinced this is the right choice.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.