GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"When are we gonna stop getting cheaply made games?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/09/02 at 20:22
Regular
With next generation consoles like the PS2 why are we still getting games with blocky graphics, pants gameplay and cheap voice actors. We deserve much better! One of the most appaling games on PS2 I have ever played is Gift. Rubbish gameplay, pants graphics and cheap voice actors all rolled into one game with a 19.99 price tag in most shops! All games like this dont deserve to be sold to the public, imagine all the dissapointed people when they go out to find a bargain and come back with which they think is a great deal, when most of the time it isn't. I have had quite a few of these experiences and dont buy any games under 15 pounds unless I know for certain that its good. So if game developers want to stay in the business they're going to have to realise that games need a lot of effort put into them and not to be just put together with no thought.
Wed 25/09/02 at 19:34
Regular
"Max Power"
when i die knowing my luk
Wed 25/09/02 at 18:06
Regular
"i am fubby"
gwet cheap ps1 games like blaze and blade (crap graphics but wicked gamelay 4 plaer, its an rpg) you can get this for about £6!

also dino crisis 2 i just bought for £8! and its a great game!
Wed 25/09/02 at 16:50
Jive wrote:
>
>
> "Gift" never heard of it, never seen it in the shops, can't
> even be bothered to look on SR database for it.....
>
> Question is, why did you buy it in the first place?
I never bought Gift!
Wed 25/09/02 at 12:50
Regular
"cant think of one.."
I agree that there are some extremely appalling games around. A while back, I traded in a load of old PSX games, which I never played anymore. The shop assistant said I had £40 (the trade in value) to spend in the store. I got GTA3, which I intended to get all along. However, I had about £7 left over. I picked up a game called "Surfing H3O" for £5.99. I thought to myself, 'I might as well, after all, its only £6... how bad can it be'

I played the game once and it was worse than bad. It was so bad that the producers must have been embarrased to have released it...
Wed 25/09/02 at 11:42
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Then I'd say this is a good time for you to start reading some reveiws of the games your thinking of buying before you part cash for them. I do, and it's saved me from buying some really naff looking games in the past.
Wed 25/09/02 at 08:10
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Another simple answer is, don't buy games that look cheap.

"Gift" never heard of it, never seen it in the shops, can't even be bothered to look on SR database for it.....

Question is, why did you buy it in the first place?
Tue 24/09/02 at 22:06
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Q: "When are we gonna stop getting 'cheaply made' games?"

A: When The Getaway comes out. Y'know, it cost lots of millions of pounds to make that did.
Tue 24/09/02 at 21:25
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
We'll stop getting cheap games when Sony put the price back to £299.99...oh that isn't going to happen, guess we're stuck with the rubbish games then.......

Same happened with PSone, cheaper console=more poorly done games that are cheap.

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 24/09/02 at 20:22
With next generation consoles like the PS2 why are we still getting games with blocky graphics, pants gameplay and cheap voice actors. We deserve much better! One of the most appaling games on PS2 I have ever played is Gift. Rubbish gameplay, pants graphics and cheap voice actors all rolled into one game with a 19.99 price tag in most shops! All games like this dont deserve to be sold to the public, imagine all the dissapointed people when they go out to find a bargain and come back with which they think is a great deal, when most of the time it isn't. I have had quite a few of these experiences and dont buy any games under 15 pounds unless I know for certain that its good. So if game developers want to stay in the business they're going to have to realise that games need a lot of effort put into them and not to be just put together with no thought.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.