GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Phones for Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/09/02 at 18:52
Regular
The future of hand held mobile gaming? Is unpredictable, yet so predictable. I mean when snake came out it was so predictable there was going to be a snake 2. But now phones are getting better and have colour and are improving all the time so the games on them are improving. I am not saying anything against the makers of mobile phone games here but some games really do stink, am I right? Anyhow if gaming on the mobile continues to expand and improve will it suddenly become un cool like gaming is today to some people, or will it expand and become cool? If I had the power of making games for mobiles and palms I would be worried yet very excited, as the industry could either suddenly die and become un cool and phone developers like nokia and ericson not to put games on there phones. Or it could become even bigger and accepted by the public. This in turn could make gaming on consoles cool, over night. If any of you have noticed since the start of snake people have started to get more interested in consoles like the PS2 thanks to its trendy image. Over the past month I have been doing some research in the making of mobile phone games, I have dug deep and have come out with some amazing games, due for release this and early next year.

NOOK- Yep that’s the name of the game, he would be Nokias mascot, the game would be adventure just like crash bandicoot, but instead of nook being an animal he would be a mobile phone. You would be able to download information while on an adventure to help you in your search for the LOST PHONE. It would also be capable of adding extras like magical ring tones to scare off predators. The graphics and game play both look excellent, this game could be revolutionary to mobile phone games. Overall this game sounds pretty cool and is due for release in early February next year. I didn’t get a hands on playing time with it but the pictures and the story line blew me for six, I rate this product a decent 9 out of 10.

LOST IN SPACE- Ericson have also made an adventure game but with a twist. The idea of the game is to find Eric’s (the main character) lost wife. But the bad thing is she is lost in the middle of space, Eric needs to go find her in his Ericson 2000 space ship but doesn’t have the money for the petrol to get back. So you have to buy and sell things as you travel in and out of a wormhole at different planets. The one bad thing I noticed about this game is the time limit, you feel very pressurised in to leaving an area quickly when the limit goes below 5 minutes. I had a lot of time on this game and really looked at the pros and cons and finally decided it only deserved a 7 out of 10. But the game will be out before XMAS.

SNAKE VII- Yes it has been announced and I was there at the press conference to listen to all its new features, and let me say now this a game sounds amazing and there is a new game play. On snake 7 you now have 3 new snakes to play with, the cobra, the grass snake and the python. You have the normal game the very first game, the new adventure of Snake where you have to get past a load of obstacles, shame it wasn’t 3d but it looks great in 2d. While avoiding the obstacles on the level you have to pick up as many rats and animals as possible, but you must be careful of the odd hunter with his barrel gun. You also get the older feature, which was out in to snake 6, which was that you get to raise your own snake as a tamagotchi. Over all this game looks great I only got a little while to play but while I did I thought it was amazing really did improve on snake 6. The game will be out before XMAS but it is on thin ice as they had a fire at the warehouse. This game was well worth the 9 out of 10 I have given it.

TONY HAWKS PRO SKATER 9 PHONE STYLE- Yep this was very predictable just like big brother 11. But has anything improved since no8? Well the graphics are great and look sharper but the game play and database of pro skaters has improved there is now over 300 pro skaters and over 200 new tricks. There will also be a new mode where you can skate for as long as you want on free skate but if you land wrongly the board will snap so it makes you more wary of landing your tricks. I played this game for a good while and it really did attract to me, it should be in the shops by next may or even earlier. I gave this game a solid 8 out of 10.

FIFA 2007- Another sequel to a great series of game. Yep this should cheer all the footy fans up, as it looked doubtful that this game would be made as the ea were suffering on the money way, but recently Microsoft brought them out and gave them the money they needed. Anyway what’s so good about Fifa 2007? Well after ea buying out the franchise of championship manager they have merged the game together and made one of a kind. The great thing is you can either play a strategy game or get stuck in there with playing the footy itself. There is now a database of over 50,000 players going right down to youth teams up and down the country. They promise and I hope they do deliver an updated patch once a month to keep up with the ever changing results and transfers in the footy leagues. I couldn’t get a play on this as they say it is all very secret at the moment, except I can reveal that there will be several new modes to choose from. Also they have said you will have more of a role when it comes to training your players. The game is set for release next March, I personally cant wait and have given this game an anticipation of 9 out of 10.

So there is just a few of the games set for release on most phones. I hope this has been useful and will help you in your purchase of your next mobile game.

Thanks for reading

Fosbe
Tue 24/09/02 at 18:52
Regular
"ProGolfer"
The future of hand held mobile gaming? Is unpredictable, yet so predictable. I mean when snake came out it was so predictable there was going to be a snake 2. But now phones are getting better and have colour and are improving all the time so the games on them are improving. I am not saying anything against the makers of mobile phone games here but some games really do stink, am I right? Anyhow if gaming on the mobile continues to expand and improve will it suddenly become un cool like gaming is today to some people, or will it expand and become cool? If I had the power of making games for mobiles and palms I would be worried yet very excited, as the industry could either suddenly die and become un cool and phone developers like nokia and ericson not to put games on there phones. Or it could become even bigger and accepted by the public. This in turn could make gaming on consoles cool, over night. If any of you have noticed since the start of snake people have started to get more interested in consoles like the PS2 thanks to its trendy image. Over the past month I have been doing some research in the making of mobile phone games, I have dug deep and have come out with some amazing games, due for release this and early next year.

NOOK- Yep that’s the name of the game, he would be Nokias mascot, the game would be adventure just like crash bandicoot, but instead of nook being an animal he would be a mobile phone. You would be able to download information while on an adventure to help you in your search for the LOST PHONE. It would also be capable of adding extras like magical ring tones to scare off predators. The graphics and game play both look excellent, this game could be revolutionary to mobile phone games. Overall this game sounds pretty cool and is due for release in early February next year. I didn’t get a hands on playing time with it but the pictures and the story line blew me for six, I rate this product a decent 9 out of 10.

LOST IN SPACE- Ericson have also made an adventure game but with a twist. The idea of the game is to find Eric’s (the main character) lost wife. But the bad thing is she is lost in the middle of space, Eric needs to go find her in his Ericson 2000 space ship but doesn’t have the money for the petrol to get back. So you have to buy and sell things as you travel in and out of a wormhole at different planets. The one bad thing I noticed about this game is the time limit, you feel very pressurised in to leaving an area quickly when the limit goes below 5 minutes. I had a lot of time on this game and really looked at the pros and cons and finally decided it only deserved a 7 out of 10. But the game will be out before XMAS.

SNAKE VII- Yes it has been announced and I was there at the press conference to listen to all its new features, and let me say now this a game sounds amazing and there is a new game play. On snake 7 you now have 3 new snakes to play with, the cobra, the grass snake and the python. You have the normal game the very first game, the new adventure of Snake where you have to get past a load of obstacles, shame it wasn’t 3d but it looks great in 2d. While avoiding the obstacles on the level you have to pick up as many rats and animals as possible, but you must be careful of the odd hunter with his barrel gun. You also get the older feature, which was out in to snake 6, which was that you get to raise your own snake as a tamagotchi. Over all this game looks great I only got a little while to play but while I did I thought it was amazing really did improve on snake 6. The game will be out before XMAS but it is on thin ice as they had a fire at the warehouse. This game was well worth the 9 out of 10 I have given it.

TONY HAWKS PRO SKATER 9 PHONE STYLE- Yep this was very predictable just like big brother 11. But has anything improved since no8? Well the graphics are great and look sharper but the game play and database of pro skaters has improved there is now over 300 pro skaters and over 200 new tricks. There will also be a new mode where you can skate for as long as you want on free skate but if you land wrongly the board will snap so it makes you more wary of landing your tricks. I played this game for a good while and it really did attract to me, it should be in the shops by next may or even earlier. I gave this game a solid 8 out of 10.

FIFA 2007- Another sequel to a great series of game. Yep this should cheer all the footy fans up, as it looked doubtful that this game would be made as the ea were suffering on the money way, but recently Microsoft brought them out and gave them the money they needed. Anyway what’s so good about Fifa 2007? Well after ea buying out the franchise of championship manager they have merged the game together and made one of a kind. The great thing is you can either play a strategy game or get stuck in there with playing the footy itself. There is now a database of over 50,000 players going right down to youth teams up and down the country. They promise and I hope they do deliver an updated patch once a month to keep up with the ever changing results and transfers in the footy leagues. I couldn’t get a play on this as they say it is all very secret at the moment, except I can reveal that there will be several new modes to choose from. Also they have said you will have more of a role when it comes to training your players. The game is set for release next March, I personally cant wait and have given this game an anticipation of 9 out of 10.

So there is just a few of the games set for release on most phones. I hope this has been useful and will help you in your purchase of your next mobile game.

Thanks for reading

Fosbe
Tue 24/09/02 at 19:10
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Hehe. They should convert Spectrum games onto Mobile Phones, instead of that numbers game.
Tue 24/09/02 at 19:17
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I wonder how long it will be before I can play Buffy on my nokia hmmmm :D
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:08
Regular
"ProGolfer"
POP
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:14
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
yeah, i read in a mag, that some gaming company is producing a bunch of startrek games for mobiles, bizarre, it seems like the Startrek company will go to any end to further there franchise.
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:27
Regular
"  "
Great post Fosbe. I remember some game for SNES(?) and you had a phone handset and you had to remember numbers and phone people up. it was quite good. :)
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:31
Regular
"i am fubby"
good post
Wed 25/09/02 at 19:23
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Cheers shadowblade and natbuc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.