GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shenmue 2 question..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/09/02 at 21:20
Regular
Ive got Shenmue and im totally engrossed in it...

my question is how big is Shenmue 2 compared to Shenmue 1?

Also do the game saves carry over from the 2 games in a story continuation?

Thankyou.
Thu 17/10/02 at 20:18
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
rabid wrote:

> This will sound very selfish of me but im saddened that Shenmue 3 is
> headed to the x-box as i have no intention of buying that console.

Dont worry mate, Im also kinda peeved that Shenmue 3 is going to the Box. Ive played and completed the first 2 on the DC and they are great, infact its the main reason I have kept my Dreamcast for so long. But there's defo no way Im buying a Box just for 1 game. Hopefully SEGA will see sense and release Shenmue 4 (there are supposed to be 7 released) for for the next Playstation console because I cant imagine it doing well on the Box.
Thu 17/10/02 at 02:35
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
shenmue is grrrrrrrr8
Thu 26/09/02 at 15:11
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Thx Nomad Soul...

I also just read a review of Shenmue 2 and it sounds great.

This will sound very selfish of me but im saddened that Shenmue 3 is headed to the x-box as i have no intention of buying that console. Maybe Sega might just give us 1 last DC game... :)

The original Resident Evil on the PS1 is still my fave game even tho i played it 4 years ago, Shenmue is very close to that for me... different game but great memories are being made each time i play it (i might be sad but i feed the cat in shenmue twice every day lol) its so engrossing :)
Tue 24/09/02 at 09:19
Regular
Shenmue II is about three times as big as Shenmue I.
Discs 1&2 are based in Hong Kong, which is very big.
Disc 3 is set in a large rural town.
Disc 4 is set in the great outdoors where he meets the mysterious Shenhua.

Yes, most of your saved game data from Shenmue I is carried over to Shenmue II.
Mon 23/09/02 at 21:20
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Ive got Shenmue and im totally engrossed in it...

my question is how big is Shenmue 2 compared to Shenmue 1?

Also do the game saves carry over from the 2 games in a story continuation?

Thankyou.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.