GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"sega must be up to something ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/09/02 at 15:24
Regular
is sega gonna keep like this for the rest of its life ,
i mean that they must be up to something big , are they
trying to make it a surprise or something
if so , they have to give us one good clue of what they re

up to , maybe a new console or maybe they put dc back in action
are they planning for something?
Thu 17/10/02 at 02:28
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
sega are up to... making games?
Wed 09/10/02 at 23:36
Sega have no plans to make any more hardware in the future and thats a fact, they missed out with the Dreamcast and so the end of hardware production for sega came to pass......now we will have to put up with "seen it all and played it all before 2nd rate trash" software made by the likes of sony...as long as it has a 2,3,4,5,6.....etc on the end of the title you can bet its on a playstation......as for sega themselves.....its great software all the way but not on the platform it was intended.....sega the hardware company is dead.....long live the r&d dept of sega.

The Bugster.
Sun 29/09/02 at 22:41
Regular
Well yea, the reason you don't see Mega Drive - Dreamcast differences between a Dreamcast - Damecube/Xbox is because they are in the same 'wave' of consoles.
Yes, the Dreamcast came out sooner but it's still in the same wave of technology as the other two. When you jump 'waves' you get the differences that blow us away - with the jump from 16-32 bit for a start. The Dreamcast is 128bit RISC, so we will only see that much difference with a console with a 256bit RISC processor, an equivilent performance jump in some other way/format (better core designs/types etc.), or some seriously elite graphics card behind it.

rabid wrote:
> I know im holding onto hope but i still refuse to accept that Sega
> have completely written off the DC... I own both a DC and a GC and the
> DC gets more use of the 2. Ive just ordered SoA... cant wait to play
> it... the DC is still at least as good as any other console out there
> and surely Sega can see that... maybe they expected a huge leap
> forward from the x-box or the GC... now whilst both those 2 consoles
> are great at what they do they offer nothing better than what the DC
> already gave us (imo). I play the DC then i play the GC and its not
> like switching from a mega drive to a dreamcast... the differences are
> minimal if noticable at all. Sega really should be looking at the
> options a little more closely now having seen that the "nex
> gen" of consoles hasnt blown us all away like we were lead to
> belive they would. The DC still has life in it, its still good until
> the next batch of consoles get released (GC 2... X-box 2... PS3) and
> that wont be for a few years yet. Maybe im holding onto hope, but im
> sure im not alone in most of what im trying to say here.
Thu 26/09/02 at 15:04
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I know im holding onto hope but i still refuse to accept that Sega have completely written off the DC... I own both a DC and a GC and the DC gets more use of the 2. Ive just ordered SoA... cant wait to play it... the DC is still at least as good as any other console out there and surely Sega can see that... maybe they expected a huge leap forward from the x-box or the GC... now whilst both those 2 consoles are great at what they do they offer nothing better than what the DC already gave us (imo). I play the DC then i play the GC and its not like switching from a mega drive to a dreamcast... the differences are minimal if noticable at all. Sega really should be looking at the options a little more closely now having seen that the "nex gen" of consoles hasnt blown us all away like we were lead to belive they would. The DC still has life in it, its still good until the next batch of consoles get released (GC 2... X-box 2... PS3) and that wont be for a few years yet. Maybe im holding onto hope, but im sure im not alone in most of what im trying to say here.
Mon 23/09/02 at 17:02
Regular
"Long time no see!"
They working on a wide-range of games for all 3 Home Consoles, both new and old, they're even bringing Toe Jam and Earl back. :D
But sadly, there'll be nothing more on the console front. :(

But they are set to keep the Dreamcast alive by adding to it's On-line facillities in one way or another, along with the other 'Big 3' and their machines.
Mon 23/09/02 at 15:24
is sega gonna keep like this for the rest of its life ,
i mean that they must be up to something big , are they
trying to make it a surprise or something
if so , they have to give us one good clue of what they re

up to , maybe a new console or maybe they put dc back in action
are they planning for something?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.