GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Sega Mega CD was it Pants or was it Revolutionary(Pants)?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/09/02 at 22:08
Regular
Back in the hay day of Sega, when things were rosey and rather sweet, when games weren't constant sequels like "Street fight 2 x A+B+C = X2+4". and Cartridges rules the waves.

Sega came up with a console add-on, a console add-on that took a format not really that well known, a format that would be used by AOL and Freeserve to pester you constantly, a format that the majority of the time would end up being used as drink matts in uni student accommidation around the country.

This console add-on was known to the UK as the Mega-CD.....Yes now i bet the memories are coming back, remember the grain? remember the naff lack of interaction between the game and the user? yes me too :) and guess what i didn't actually mind it! It takes me away from the present day full of sequel after sequel after sequel.

The Mega CD brought us into the CD age of consoles it might of not done an amazing job on the games front but at least it got the boffins thinkin!
Sun 22/09/02 at 22:08
Back in the hay day of Sega, when things were rosey and rather sweet, when games weren't constant sequels like "Street fight 2 x A+B+C = X2+4". and Cartridges rules the waves.

Sega came up with a console add-on, a console add-on that took a format not really that well known, a format that would be used by AOL and Freeserve to pester you constantly, a format that the majority of the time would end up being used as drink matts in uni student accommidation around the country.

This console add-on was known to the UK as the Mega-CD.....Yes now i bet the memories are coming back, remember the grain? remember the naff lack of interaction between the game and the user? yes me too :) and guess what i didn't actually mind it! It takes me away from the present day full of sequel after sequel after sequel.

The Mega CD brought us into the CD age of consoles it might of not done an amazing job on the games front but at least it got the boffins thinkin!
Sun 03/11/02 at 19:58
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
I think the Amiga CD did more for CD rom games, the first 32 bit console. God bless you Commodore, may you hunt many buffalo in the happy hunting ground.
Mon 11/11/02 at 18:41
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I liked it...
Thu 05/12/02 at 19:51
Regular
sega amiga then there was goldstar and panasonic blimey all companys had ago at making a cd console until sony came along advertised more and the ps1 won if only these other companys were making consoles now all the choice we would have :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.