GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your most anticipated game releases of the next year 08/09"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/07/08 at 10:21
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Hey guys what new games being released are you looking forward to and why? If there is a game that you feel particularly strongly for let others know so they can check it out upon release.

Im really looking forward to Tekken 6, PES 2009 & FIFA 09
Wed 09/07/08 at 10:21
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Hey guys what new games being released are you looking forward to and why? If there is a game that you feel particularly strongly for let others know so they can check it out upon release.

Im really looking forward to Tekken 6, PES 2009 & FIFA 09
Wed 09/07/08 at 11:23
Regular
"THFC"
I am looking forward to:
Pro Evo (if the online is sorted out!)
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm (love naruto)
Star Wars force Unleashed!

they are the big 3 for me i reckon - along with any JRPG or good RPG we may see. Final Fantasy if it gets released within the year
Wed 09/07/08 at 11:45
Regular
"Mooching around"
Final Fantasy Versus XIII if it gets released.

Another very hopeful choice is God of War 3
Wed 09/07/08 at 11:54
Regular
There isn't really anything that I'm eagerly awaiting :( Guess that sucks a bit.

As for final fantasy XIII

It isn't out in Japan yet, we'll be lucky to get it before 2010, just bearing in mind that it took a year for XII to come out here after it was released in Japan.
Wed 09/07/08 at 12:19
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Gears of War 2 if it gets released within the year will be quality. Resident Evil 5 and Golden Axe as the original versions were brilliant.

Golden Axe was and still in my opinion one of the best games ever so lets hope that Golden Axe: Beast Riders keeps within the classic game boundary.

Resident Evil 5, the older versions on the old gen consoles were revolutionary in their time and the wii conversation did alright with the new controls but Im hoping the PS3 version due out Q4 2008 will kick some major zombie ass with the Next Gen graphics and PS3 power this should be a brilliant game.
Wed 09/07/08 at 14:08
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I can't help getting sucked in by the Sonic hype machine so Sonic Unleashed is high on my list. Also looking forward to Sonic Chronicles.

Mercenaries 2 is pretty soon, that should be good. Force Unleashed looks tasty. LittleBigPlanet and Gran Turismo 5 will be enough to tempt me to the PS3 in the future.

Halo Wars, Saints Row 2, Fable 2, Lego Batman, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero World Tour. I'm hoping a Pikmin Wii game will be announced at E3 but I'd say there is a less than 50% chance of that.
Wed 09/07/08 at 15:09
Regular
"Hello?"
Looking forward to Star Wars, hope it's as good as it's starting to look. Also it's a long time away but the new Final Fantasy I'm sure will be amazing. I loved 12 unlike a lot of people so be interesting to see how they do this one.
Wed 09/07/08 at 16:00
Regular
"I like turtles"
Top of my list by a mile : Gears Of War 2

But really looking forward to :

Soul Calibur IV
Streetfighter IV
Tekken 6
Lego Batman

Really hope Call Of Duty 5 and Quantum Of Solace are big surprises and not the usual mediocre garbage we have come to expect from Treyarch.
Wed 09/07/08 at 16:30
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Have you seen the screenshots for Quantum Of Solace, it looks brilliant. Also on the same game engine as COD4 so bring on the new Goldeneye. Lets hope that online multiplayer is a key feature.

Im not too sure about Call Of Duty 5 as its now being made by the same team as Medal of Honour so I reckon the Call Of Duty 4 will not be too disimilar in gameplay, the graphics and theme do look good though. Its set in WWII again in the Pacific so will more than likely by Medal Of Honor: Pacific Assault with better graphics.

I didnt know there was a new Street Fighter, heard from ButchML it may be just an arcade version though which will suck. Lets hope that Street Fighter IV rekindles my love for Street Fighter II Turbo on SNES.
Wed 09/07/08 at 17:02
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yes mate new Streetfighter on it way to 360/PS3.Gameplay clip from 360 version : Here

Like Call Of Duty 5,Quantum Of Solace is being made by Treyarch who's only other 360 games were the mediocre Call Of Duty 3 and the dreadful Spider-man.Just hope there not going to be a couple of real missed opportunities.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.