GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Thing"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/09/02 at 11:27
Regular
Got this on the Xbox, it's pretty damn good.
Nice references to the film when you visit the US base at the start (McReady's tape, the rec room, Blair's homemade UFO etc) and once at the Norwegian Base, it kicks off.
Even has the Norwegian in the chair that slit his wrists and has frozen blood to the floor.

In short:
Atmospheric, creepy, involving and one of my companions wet himself.
So I shot him in case he was The Thing.
But he wasn't.

Doh
Sun 22/09/02 at 12:00
Regular
I never knew you had an Xbox Goatboy.

I am seriously considering getting this game, I heard Crazy Taxi 3 has some audio issues.
Sun 22/09/02 at 01:31
"Stupid Newbie :D"
Marx wrote:
> What's The Thing?

See... now this kind of post cannot be serious. It's a piece of celluloid history damnit, required viewing!

Seriously, I had one of my two younger brothers watch it when he was but 4yrs old, probably why he continually sneaks into 18's nowadays... err, I mean, 12A's. Yeeeeeeees.

If you don't know what The Thing is, I suggest you promptly vacate yourself to the nearest video rental shop, hand over your cash, and ask to rent a copy. 190mins of pure, pant-wetting cinema... the game begs to deliver the same.
Sat 21/09/02 at 18:24
"For the horde!!!!"
Marx wrote:
> What's The Thing?

look on the reviews topics and check it out
Sat 21/09/02 at 18:20
Regular
Marx wrote:
> What's The Thing?
Its about a foot and a half south
;p
Hur hur hur
Sat 21/09/02 at 16:32
Regular
"snuggly has a wee c"
What's The Thing?
Sat 21/09/02 at 16:32
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Lethal Weapon wrote:
> El blokey wrote:
> Shoot random members of your team. It'll make you happy, and you
> might
> occasionally get The Thing.
>
> :-)
>
> what thing are you talking about?

I meant as in the virus. You may shoot someone infected.
Sat 21/09/02 at 15:35
I know I have heard it is very good...yes...um, that's all.

UW.
Sat 21/09/02 at 15:34
Regular
Yes. Bought it today. So far - very good.
Sat 21/09/02 at 13:19
"Stupid Newbie :D"
Been drooling over footage of it so far, even watching rather than playing you can see how atmospheric the game is, will definately be a title I will soon get my grubby mits on.
Sat 21/09/02 at 13:15
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Aye, it's a pretty wicked game is The Thing...except I played it round Snuggly's and he got angry when he couldn't find the Evac zone...so I left him to his angryness. It's even got the stereotypical "bruvva"!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.