GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Selling Gamecubes by the bucketload!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/09/02 at 23:40
Regular
I have just returned from a scorcher of a holiday in Florida and I couldn't go to the States without the obligatory visit to Electronics Boutique. All I can say is - no wonder Nintendo do so well in America regarding sales. For a start we had a 100 channel TV and im not kidding but nearly EVERY channel EVERY day had an advert for a Gamecube game! Super Mario Sunshine is the 'IN' game in the States at the mo and was on the telly all the time. Then Super Monkey Ball 2 had a really funny advert and again was on all the time. While I was in EB people were buying Gamecube games like there was no tomorrow! During a visit to Wal Mart they had Starfox Adventures playing on the screen (and it looked gobsmackingly fantastic!) What im trying to say is that if Nintendo in the UK put some effort into advertising they might sell hundreds more cubes, but alas, they seem to think that a quick 10 seconds of Star Wars at midnight on channel 4 will be enough! (a lesson to be learned from the N64 days I think). Come on Ninty, get some advertising going, flood ITV at 7pm weekdays and see what happens.

By the way, has anyone got an Excitebike 64 poster they dont want? Let me know.

N64 4 EVA. (well it is in my house anyway)!
Sat 21/09/02 at 12:52
Regular
Gamecube is doing awesome over here! They have advertised much more than before, MTV adverts, massive posters in shops, the large campaigns. Heineken, competitions.

And Resi is outselling Tekken 4 in many places.
Sat 21/09/02 at 11:59
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Last night (Friday) at 7.30pm ITV advertised Resident Evil right b4 coronation street started... now that would have got something like 18 million viewers...
Sat 21/09/02 at 11:24
Regular
I still see giant GameCube adverts on the back of busses, nowt on TV though.
Sat 21/09/02 at 10:37
"The Will of D."
The only adverts i've seen recently have been on the backs of magazines, and you can guess what company they are for
*reads NOM, NGC, and Cube mags all at once*
Sat 21/09/02 at 10:32
"For the horde!!!!"
i havn't seen many adverts resently, they should advertise more
Sat 21/09/02 at 10:00
Regular
At the moment ive seen about 5 adverts on tv, not just nintendo.

Resi evil and Stuntman - showed 3 secs of game footage and that was it, sorry what was that advert for again.

PS2 - that deer advert, just shows a car and a deer with a PS2 at the end, wow great games machine.

GC - best so far, for showing game footage, but still not enough.

Halo - the best ive seen in ages. Showed a lot of game footage and was on for quite a bit.

All i can say is i wish they would stop with the "catchlines" and "gimmicks" and just show a lot of footage of the game with the name in the corner followed by the console its on. thats all i need GAME FOOTAGE.
Sat 21/09/02 at 01:27
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Good good!

Well I think that says it all!
Fri 20/09/02 at 23:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Good good!
Fri 20/09/02 at 23:40
Regular
"Conker the King"
I have just returned from a scorcher of a holiday in Florida and I couldn't go to the States without the obligatory visit to Electronics Boutique. All I can say is - no wonder Nintendo do so well in America regarding sales. For a start we had a 100 channel TV and im not kidding but nearly EVERY channel EVERY day had an advert for a Gamecube game! Super Mario Sunshine is the 'IN' game in the States at the mo and was on the telly all the time. Then Super Monkey Ball 2 had a really funny advert and again was on all the time. While I was in EB people were buying Gamecube games like there was no tomorrow! During a visit to Wal Mart they had Starfox Adventures playing on the screen (and it looked gobsmackingly fantastic!) What im trying to say is that if Nintendo in the UK put some effort into advertising they might sell hundreds more cubes, but alas, they seem to think that a quick 10 seconds of Star Wars at midnight on channel 4 will be enough! (a lesson to be learned from the N64 days I think). Come on Ninty, get some advertising going, flood ITV at 7pm weekdays and see what happens.

By the way, has anyone got an Excitebike 64 poster they dont want? Let me know.

N64 4 EVA. (well it is in my house anyway)!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.