GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bad gaming companies"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/09/02 at 20:19
Regular
I feel alot of gaming comapnies are popping up around the world, faster than dasies. I've seen the development of EA Games, Lionhead, Raven. Which happen too own millions of pounds.....dollars, and manage *thanx to beautifael engines such as the quake engine* to design quality games such as Startrek: Bridge Commander, Voyager Elite Force, Jedi Knight 2 and Black and White. They have all started from scrap, with big ideas, and quality workers.

And then there are smaller companies that many dont know of, such as PF Magic, In- House, and Elixer Studios *apolgys if these are your favourite comapnies* who have created themselves to make a few bob in the big gaming world.

Unforunatly new gaming companies, are shadowed by larger companies *naughtybig companies, i bet all the smaller ones were bullied* and feel intimatdated into making a good game. And so many have taken popular plots, mixed and matched popular games untill theres a brand spanking new plot that cant be sued but no-one, but jeered by all, and release into onto the market.

Sure there are games that sparked off the whole genre such as Doom and Populous, but there are many copies.

Take the Partners, a buisness company based on looking after sims like chracters, and catering to there needs. There are many concepts, options that are similiar. And the menu plus speech animation are dangerously simliar.

Hooligans and Gangsters 2 are basically copys of themselves.

And the Might and Magic series sparked off several rpgs such as Atrox,The first couple of ultimas and Nightstone.

I think that many companies are too worried about there reputation, and new ideas, that there to afraid to try new concepts. But who knows, many a game may be lying in an inbox somewhere in tokyo that could by the Doom of a new genre. We shall never know. Unless we raided that inbox but......i dought anyone will.

Elfman
Thu 19/09/02 at 20:19
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
I feel alot of gaming comapnies are popping up around the world, faster than dasies. I've seen the development of EA Games, Lionhead, Raven. Which happen too own millions of pounds.....dollars, and manage *thanx to beautifael engines such as the quake engine* to design quality games such as Startrek: Bridge Commander, Voyager Elite Force, Jedi Knight 2 and Black and White. They have all started from scrap, with big ideas, and quality workers.

And then there are smaller companies that many dont know of, such as PF Magic, In- House, and Elixer Studios *apolgys if these are your favourite comapnies* who have created themselves to make a few bob in the big gaming world.

Unforunatly new gaming companies, are shadowed by larger companies *naughtybig companies, i bet all the smaller ones were bullied* and feel intimatdated into making a good game. And so many have taken popular plots, mixed and matched popular games untill theres a brand spanking new plot that cant be sued but no-one, but jeered by all, and release into onto the market.

Sure there are games that sparked off the whole genre such as Doom and Populous, but there are many copies.

Take the Partners, a buisness company based on looking after sims like chracters, and catering to there needs. There are many concepts, options that are similiar. And the menu plus speech animation are dangerously simliar.

Hooligans and Gangsters 2 are basically copys of themselves.

And the Might and Magic series sparked off several rpgs such as Atrox,The first couple of ultimas and Nightstone.

I think that many companies are too worried about there reputation, and new ideas, that there to afraid to try new concepts. But who knows, many a game may be lying in an inbox somewhere in tokyo that could by the Doom of a new genre. We shall never know. Unless we raided that inbox but......i dought anyone will.

Elfman
Fri 20/09/02 at 11:31
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
Glad to know my points are well appreciated and replied to!!!
Fri 20/09/02 at 11:52
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
ElfMan wrote:
> I think that many companies are too worried about there reputation,
> and new ideas, that there to afraid to try new concepts.

That is true, but you also have to think of video games as very big business these days.
A company could have an amazingly original idea, and they could turn it into a fantastic and highly innovative game, however, if the general public don't really appreciate or understand that new game, then it stands to lose lots and lots of money.
That is why we have sequels/add-ons etc.
For example, EA knows that they are risking nothing in releasing FIFA 2003 because they know it will sell by the shed load, however, they will be less inclined to release some strange game, no matter how original.
Fri 20/09/02 at 17:10
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
True, thats why long running series and updates have lived on. Like Final Fantasy, Championship Manager + many others. They take on previous ideas thats they know will work, rather then use new ideas. Sure it makes money, but adds little variety to games.
Fri 20/09/02 at 19:23
"For the horde!!!!"
well it's good to have many games of the same gameing gender

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.