GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"anyone using ntl:home Broadband?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/09/02 at 20:01
Regular
Just get an offer from ntl:home Broadband, 128K service for 14.99 a month. This even cheaper than BTanytime. Love to hear from ntl users before deciding to sign up.
Thanks
Thu 19/09/02 at 20:01
Regular
Just get an offer from ntl:home Broadband, 128K service for 14.99 a month. This even cheaper than BTanytime. Love to hear from ntl users before deciding to sign up.
Thanks
Thu 19/09/02 at 21:20
Regular
"Bobba you"
I say don't get it partly becuase Ntl is s**t.
Thu 19/09/02 at 22:09
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
I have the ntl:home 1mbit service, 90% of the time it's excellent, but, being NTL, you come to expect certain...bugs. Most annoying one for me is the random drops of service while it gets a new IP, or updates various settings without informing you - usually this only takes a few minutes, but occasionally longer, and sometimes confuses my gateway to the point of having to reboot it...although, I think that's a problem specific to me.

Regardless of this, I'd recommended it to anyone who can get it, as it will give a good speed boost over 56k, seriously improve pings for gaming and is always on. As long as you don't expect any tech support from NTL, you'll do fine - as soon as something goes wrong, their help lines all seize up, so I'd keep a dial up connection handy to check nthellworld.com for advice, news, server status etc - tends to be updated far more efficiently than the official site.
Fri 20/09/02 at 14:49
Regular
"On Ya' Way!" why you said ntl s**t? did you use it before? love to hear more. thanks!
Fri 20/09/02 at 15:04
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Your bound to get problems with anything really, worst thing that happened to me on blueYonder 512k was that they shut me off for 24hours, no idea why, didn't bother saying anything before or after. It cuts me off every now and then, I guess it's putting me on a new server or something.
Fri 20/09/02 at 22:39
Regular
"Bobba you"
Annn wrote:
> "On Ya' Way!" why you said ntl s**t? did you use it before?
> love to hear more. thanks!

That isn't my user name stupid ;-)

Well I have Ntl now, and it's crap so I wouldn't bother with the boradband.
Sat 21/09/02 at 09:47
I have NTL broadband and havent had a single problem.
Thu 26/09/02 at 12:38
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Reddy2002, if NTL is so crap why don't you change to BT or someone else ??
Thu 26/09/02 at 15:54
Regular
"Wobble"
Your Olympic Hero wrote:
> I have NTL broadband and havent had a single problem.

Same here.

Had my 512k connection since July 2001. Had one minor problem when they were updating the local network in our area just after installation, but it's been good as gold ever since.
Fri 27/09/02 at 00:44
Regular
The 128k service is a rip off. its not that much better than 56k for you money as its an extra 5 pounds. If you can you are much better off going for the 512 as it is so much quicker and actually value for money

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.