GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bots!! Kick a** fun, or loads of rubbish!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/09/02 at 19:50
Regular
I think the gaming world is a wonderful place, where all ethnic origins can play online games together in peace and harmony *starts singing cum-bi-yay".

That’s what life would be in an ideal world, but in this place we call the REAL world, (where 9 years olds smoke and silicon is unlimited), people come online to blow each other’s ships/heads/robots into oblivion. Its also an excuse to escape parents/wife’s/mother in laws. And if people are from varying origins, then that adds to the determination of gamers, to finish unsettled political disputes. Ever thought of starting a war? Insult America by whipping there a**e’ at Jedi Knight 2, and say your name is Franco, and Bing, instant world war 3.

But the evolution of bots (AI players) is getting slightly out of hand. I know why people play online, because playing against another human is more invigorating, and more spontaneous. But with the vast growth in AI, soon gaming bots will surpass those of human players, and will be much more interesting to play against, than playing against each other.

I don’t spend much time on the Internet *coughs* and so I go offline and play my Jedi Knight 2 game against 5 bots at a time. Its loads of fun, and I’ve found the AI, if slightly limited is as satisfying as an online game.

They may at some point become much more interesting, with the evolution of AI and AI development over a game, where AI creatures e.g. Black And White can learn basic commands, there is certainly a chance they will become much more creative.

Imagine slowly creeping round a corner to find a bot stooping down by a corner waiting for you, this will

1. Scare the living hell out of you and
2. Make you a lot more interested in the game.

It also branches out tonnes of options and new ways of designing all types of games, and will even affect single player. Maybe even single players might actually become more fun than multiplayer gasps.

Soon I think bots will replace the need for online options, except in MPOGS such as Phantasy Star Online and Ultima Online, these will still survive, and multiplayer maybe. But maybe an option will be launched for multiple gamers, to play against bots, instead of each other. This may be a long way away, but with varying developments, it may be sooner then you think.

Think about it!!!

ElfMan
Thu 19/09/02 at 19:50
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
I think the gaming world is a wonderful place, where all ethnic origins can play online games together in peace and harmony *starts singing cum-bi-yay".

That’s what life would be in an ideal world, but in this place we call the REAL world, (where 9 years olds smoke and silicon is unlimited), people come online to blow each other’s ships/heads/robots into oblivion. Its also an excuse to escape parents/wife’s/mother in laws. And if people are from varying origins, then that adds to the determination of gamers, to finish unsettled political disputes. Ever thought of starting a war? Insult America by whipping there a**e’ at Jedi Knight 2, and say your name is Franco, and Bing, instant world war 3.

But the evolution of bots (AI players) is getting slightly out of hand. I know why people play online, because playing against another human is more invigorating, and more spontaneous. But with the vast growth in AI, soon gaming bots will surpass those of human players, and will be much more interesting to play against, than playing against each other.

I don’t spend much time on the Internet *coughs* and so I go offline and play my Jedi Knight 2 game against 5 bots at a time. Its loads of fun, and I’ve found the AI, if slightly limited is as satisfying as an online game.

They may at some point become much more interesting, with the evolution of AI and AI development over a game, where AI creatures e.g. Black And White can learn basic commands, there is certainly a chance they will become much more creative.

Imagine slowly creeping round a corner to find a bot stooping down by a corner waiting for you, this will

1. Scare the living hell out of you and
2. Make you a lot more interested in the game.

It also branches out tonnes of options and new ways of designing all types of games, and will even affect single player. Maybe even single players might actually become more fun than multiplayer gasps.

Soon I think bots will replace the need for online options, except in MPOGS such as Phantasy Star Online and Ultima Online, these will still survive, and multiplayer maybe. But maybe an option will be launched for multiple gamers, to play against bots, instead of each other. This may be a long way away, but with varying developments, it may be sooner then you think.

Think about it!!!

ElfMan
Thu 19/09/02 at 19:53
Regular
"i am fubby"
you did this topic a week ago!
Thu 19/09/02 at 19:56
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
I know, irevamped it, and added new ideas i had, also someone said i should enter it into a new forum, but i couldn't find one that it the topic suited except here. Also i love putting my points across when i have them, also is it just me and you posting?
Thu 19/09/02 at 20:03
Regular
"i am fubby"
no just you...damn it
Thu 19/09/02 at 20:38
"For the horde!!!!"
we have had this topic somewhere else, can't people think of new topics or something?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.