GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MyFreeola Planned maintenance and upgrade Wednesday 9th of July 2008"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/07/08 at 17:53
Staff
The MyFreeola control panel will not be available for a period during the morning of Wednesday 9th July 2008.

During this period we will be adding some new features to the control panel mainly related to allowing customers more control over their DNS records.

While the changeover is taking place it will not be possible to make changes in your MyFreeola account, however their should be no affect on E-mail or Websites.

We apologise for any inconvenience, and hope that you will enjoy the new features.
Sun 26/10/08 at 21:07
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Erm, I thought it was on someone's done list! Will check it again tomorrow!
Sun 26/10/08 at 15:56
"Are you sure?"
Eccles wrote:
> We think we've fix the auto fill issue with IE. Very strange one
> but the headers PHP sends when a session is started was somehow
> stopping IE remembering the details.

Hi Eccles - this still doesn't work for me.
For customers that only login occasionally to check their ADSL usage etc. it's a bit of a pain having to dig out the userid details.

Also, I guess the easier you make it for people to login, the better it is for the Freeola 'Chat' side of things...

Is it still on someone's things-to-do-list?
Thanks.

Search Freeola Chat
Fri 11/07/08 at 15:50
Staff
Hmmm... wrote:
> Eccles wrote:
> We think we've fix the auto fill issue with IE. Very strange
> one
>
> Still doesn't seem to work for me :¬(
> the username is remembered but the password has gone and I don't
> get prompted to save it...
>
> Haven't played with the new sub-domains yet but they could be
> useful - thanks for that Freeola.
>
> A while ago it was hinted that the up-coming DNS changes would
> also change the way the free domains can be viewed.
> i.e. www.hmmm.ip3.co.uk works but hmmm.ip3.co.uk
> doesn't.
>
> Is this still in the pipeline?
> Thanks again.
>
>
> Search Freeola
> Chat

I'm afraid not, for technical reasons, I've been told that we cannot do that on the Freeola 500 addresses, (I've asked about this a few times), though if you have a domain name where you experience (I've seen half a dozen or so over the years) this, just drop us a ticket on the support pages, as this usually means that a symbolic link hasn't set up correctly and needs manually correcting.
Fri 11/07/08 at 15:30
"Are you sure?"
Eccles wrote:
> We think we've fix the auto fill issue with IE. Very strange one

Still doesn't seem to work for me :¬(
the username is remembered but the password has gone and I don't get prompted to save it...

Haven't played with the new sub-domains yet but they could be useful - thanks for that Freeola.

A while ago it was hinted that the up-coming DNS changes would also change the way the free domains can be viewed.
i.e. www.hmmm.ip3.co.uk works but hmmm.ip3.co.uk doesn't.

Is this still in the pipeline?
Thanks again.

Search Freeola Chat
Fri 11/07/08 at 12:35
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
We think we've fix the auto fill issue with IE. Very strange one but the headers PHP sends when a session is started was somehow stopping IE remembering the details.
Fri 11/07/08 at 10:24
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:
> Thanks for keeping us updated...
> I'm looking forward to the 'hopefully' available sub domains
> that might now become available to Freeola registered domains
> :¬)
>
> When the updates are complete it would be good if someone could
> document the new functionality here.
>
> Slightly off topic - but since Freeola changed the MyFreeola
> login page it doesn't remember my password (using IE7). The
> userid is saved but I have to re-type the password. Is this just
> me? If not perhaps it's also something you could look at as I
> preferred things as they were :¬P
>
>
>
> Search Freeola
> Chat

It didnt like my email it kept asking me if I had spelt it correctly and so I had to find another login section and it worked perfectly.
Thu 10/07/08 at 14:56
Staff
Subdomains, A/Cnames and MX record changing is now available from your MyFreeola account (for domain names only).

Please let us know if you experience any problems with the new functionality (or indeed old functionality) in the usual ways, ie via the support ticket system at Support System or by posting in the forums.

Functionality has been intensively tested, but as everyone knows testing is no substitute for actually using the system.
Wed 09/07/08 at 17:33
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for keeping us updated...
I'm looking forward to the 'hopefully' available sub domains that might now become available to Freeola registered domains :¬)

When the updates are complete it would be good if someone could document the new functionality here.

Slightly off topic - but since Freeola changed the MyFreeola login page it doesn't remember my password (using IE7). The userid is saved but I have to re-type the password. Is this just me? If not perhaps it's also something you could look at as I preferred things as they were :¬P

Search Freeola Chat
Wed 09/07/08 at 14:45
Staff
ncrs wrote:
> The MyFreeola control panel will not be available for a period
> during the morning of Wednesday 9th July 2008.
>
> During this period we will be adding some new features to the
> control panel mainly related to allowing customers more control
> over their DNS records.
>
> While the changeover is taking place it will not be possible to
> make changes in your MyFreeola account, however their should be
> no affect on E-mail or Websites.
>
> We apologise for any inconvenience, and hope that you will enjoy
> the new features.

Planned update has been postponed again and should now be happening on the 10th July 2008.
Tue 08/07/08 at 14:27
Staff
For operational reasons the planned maintenance and upgrade of the MyFreeola system originally set for today the 8th of July has been postponed until tomorrow Wednesday 9th of July 2008.

As per my previous post, there will be a period of time when the MyFreeola system is unavailable, but there should be no downtime as far as other services are concerned.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.