GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Infinity as regards to the concept of infinite possibility and probablility"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/11/00 at 21:21
Regular
These are all my own thoughts, strange as they may be- If science accepts that infinite monkeys on typwriters will eventually write every peice of literature ever written, also accepting that the universe is infinately large, why can they not accept that an infinitely large space will hold an infinitely large amount of mass. Expanded into the realms of possibilty, every possible occurence MUST happen, exactly the same world as ours must exist, only someone in Paraguay in 200 years time will step left rather than right. this must happen if the universe holds an infinite amount of mass- every possibility no matter how large or small must happen. thoughts?
Sat 25/11/00 at 21:21
These are all my own thoughts, strange as they may be- If science accepts that infinite monkeys on typwriters will eventually write every peice of literature ever written, also accepting that the universe is infinately large, why can they not accept that an infinitely large space will hold an infinitely large amount of mass. Expanded into the realms of possibilty, every possible occurence MUST happen, exactly the same world as ours must exist, only someone in Paraguay in 200 years time will step left rather than right. this must happen if the universe holds an infinite amount of mass- every possibility no matter how large or small must happen. thoughts?
Sat 25/11/00 at 21:26
I ...................................................................... ssssssssssee.
Sat 25/11/00 at 22:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
You know, i've been meaning to write that too !
Sat 25/11/00 at 22:46
blows ya mind. obvious there is infinate worlds like ours and people that look like us and do exactly the same things as we do right now. infinate means it has to, as, like if there is an end to space, there is something behnd that. *more space* BUT there is also an infinte to small tings. atoms are as big as space to us as they are to sumthing that is infinate small.
Sat 25/11/00 at 22:49
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Indeed.......er - would that help me beat this car thats getting on my sodding nerves in MSR ?
Sun 26/11/00 at 00:15
Regular
Max, please reply in full english next time!
Sun 26/11/00 at 23:00
Regular
"smile, it's free"
So somewhere, in some universe/reality, not only do I win gameaday for this message, I am knighted and recieve thwe nobel peace prize?

*fingers crossed*
hope it's this one.
Sun 26/11/00 at 23:11
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
If I may paraphrase Einstein for a second:

"...only two things infinite, the universe and the stupidity of people, and I'm not sure about the first one...."

By the way, that's no reflection on you at all Venom, it's just a coincidence that I decided to post this just above your last post, it's purely in answer to the original topic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.