GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/09/02 at 21:23
Regular
Why I like my PS2 (BTW, this isn't a console wars post), The day i got i knew i would have it for ever. First of all the look, it's not sleek, it's not cool, it's not phat. It's there, its like the obelisk from 2001 space odeysee, it's like a solhouette of a door, a door to... no, sounds cheezey, it's like the silhouette of a box, a pandora's box. Once you've opened it, it's hard to close, but who cares, who wants to. It's not shiny, your sister can't smear finger prints all over it. It's not rough, it doesn't grate your fingers as you get it out of the box. There are no sticky outy parts, it's not small and insignificant, it's not large and ominous. It sits where ever you put it, doesn't make a sound untill you turn it on, then it purrs, like a kitten, it lights up like a christmas tree, it loves you, you love it, It is your shrine to all things gaming. When you want to play it almsot sticks out it's tongue, in a sense, and asks to be fed with a disk. It gives as much love as it takes, and more.
Now to the games. At first look there is an overwhelming amount of games allready, but this meerly provides more choice for the dedicated gamer. The games aren't centred on graphics yet they still pull them off to perfection. Games like Ico look almost like Art, and games like MGS2 stop the heart. Some rival consoles (with i have complete respect for) have games that look gorgeous but handle like a sleeping donkey and are as hard as countdown. Others just capitolise on every license and character they have got in order to familiarise with ignorant gamers.
In the end, the PS2 reeks of quality, it saturates our nose with the almost pungant aroma of distinct honour and grace. The sleek, rib cage like indentations on the side suggest the folds in a brain which is what gives it it's enourmous capactiy. The best console i have ever had, and i predict ever will have, on the basis of awe and respect and cutting edge intuitiveness.
Sat 21/09/02 at 10:40
"For the horde!!!!"
my PS2 is the brother i never had lol, seriously i think there are many more good games that will be relased so for those people who havn't bought one yet go and buy one NOW. Will GTA3 be released on platinum soon?
Sat 21/09/02 at 00:24
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I have to say, i treat my PS2 rather like a person... Well not completly. The point is that it has given me and all my friends (who own a PS2)hours of entertainment and i have grown to respect it so much. The design is perfect.
Thu 19/09/02 at 21:23
Regular
I wanted to quote so many parts of that. It's just such a great summary of how you, me and many others feel about our little friend. It's almost like our little friend who we take care of and respect because he can produce so much quality and keep you entertained for hours on end.

That's what friends are for, right?
Thu 19/09/02 at 17:18
"For the horde!!!!"
glimbrick wrote:
> gamers.
> In the end, the PS2 reeks of quality

that is just so true, i wounder what possibilties the PS3 will have in years to come
Wed 18/09/02 at 21:24
Regular
"es argh"
Ooooh, de ja vu.
Wed 18/09/02 at 21:23
Regular
"I PLAY RELIGIOUSLY"
Why I like my PS2 (BTW, this isn't a console wars post), The day i got i knew i would have it for ever. First of all the look, it's not sleek, it's not cool, it's not phat. It's there, its like the obelisk from 2001 space odeysee, it's like a solhouette of a door, a door to... no, sounds cheezey, it's like the silhouette of a box, a pandora's box. Once you've opened it, it's hard to close, but who cares, who wants to. It's not shiny, your sister can't smear finger prints all over it. It's not rough, it doesn't grate your fingers as you get it out of the box. There are no sticky outy parts, it's not small and insignificant, it's not large and ominous. It sits where ever you put it, doesn't make a sound untill you turn it on, then it purrs, like a kitten, it lights up like a christmas tree, it loves you, you love it, It is your shrine to all things gaming. When you want to play it almsot sticks out it's tongue, in a sense, and asks to be fed with a disk. It gives as much love as it takes, and more.
Now to the games. At first look there is an overwhelming amount of games allready, but this meerly provides more choice for the dedicated gamer. The games aren't centred on graphics yet they still pull them off to perfection. Games like Ico look almost like Art, and games like MGS2 stop the heart. Some rival consoles (with i have complete respect for) have games that look gorgeous but handle like a sleeping donkey and are as hard as countdown. Others just capitolise on every license and character they have got in order to familiarise with ignorant gamers.
In the end, the PS2 reeks of quality, it saturates our nose with the almost pungant aroma of distinct honour and grace. The sleek, rib cage like indentations on the side suggest the folds in a brain which is what gives it it's enourmous capactiy. The best console i have ever had, and i predict ever will have, on the basis of awe and respect and cutting edge intuitiveness.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.