GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Browser games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/11/00 at 21:15
Regular
This seems like a topic not frequently discussed here, so I'll mention it. By browser games, I mean static mostly text-based multiplayer games that rely on some sort of turn-based or 'ticking' feature. There seem to be more and more of these cropping up lately, particularly those that involve some sort of cash scam, but more on that later. I can see the big advantage of these games being that they have a vastly wider audience than conventional console games, or even PC games simply because they are available to anyone on the web for free, (no PC games arent as a suprising amount of people have limited cash or rather feeble specs, myself included) or at least all those interested. One major drawback is that they only involve a limited player to player interaction, which generally means they have various forums associated with them.

They are free, and not very demanding in cpu resources and have limited graphics. Perhaps this encourages deeper though into gameplay to separate the good from the bad?
Sadly, not so far. They mostly seem to be operating an "entice users with promises of free money" scheme.

Here's a few browser games I like.

www.soccersim.com --A football management sim in the beta testing stages.

www.cashwars.com --Probably the biggest cash-promise scam game going.

www.playbux.com --Supposedly there will be several games here, though currently there is only the one, "The War" which has the same principles as cashwars, only it actually seems enjoyable to play.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sat 25/11/00 at 21:15
Regular
"smile, it's free"
This seems like a topic not frequently discussed here, so I'll mention it. By browser games, I mean static mostly text-based multiplayer games that rely on some sort of turn-based or 'ticking' feature. There seem to be more and more of these cropping up lately, particularly those that involve some sort of cash scam, but more on that later. I can see the big advantage of these games being that they have a vastly wider audience than conventional console games, or even PC games simply because they are available to anyone on the web for free, (no PC games arent as a suprising amount of people have limited cash or rather feeble specs, myself included) or at least all those interested. One major drawback is that they only involve a limited player to player interaction, which generally means they have various forums associated with them.

They are free, and not very demanding in cpu resources and have limited graphics. Perhaps this encourages deeper though into gameplay to separate the good from the bad?
Sadly, not so far. They mostly seem to be operating an "entice users with promises of free money" scheme.

Here's a few browser games I like.

www.soccersim.com --A football management sim in the beta testing stages.

www.cashwars.com --Probably the biggest cash-promise scam game going.

www.playbux.com --Supposedly there will be several games here, though currently there is only the one, "The War" which has the same principles as cashwars, only it actually seems enjoyable to play.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.