GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RGB.. and scart leads?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/09/02 at 14:40
Regular
Ive heard it is better on RGB because it uses 60hz but ive used plenty of games on 60hz using the scart lead? Whats the point?
Thu 19/09/02 at 15:10
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
When I first bought my Gamecube I also had a madcatz RGB scart lead, despite being gold plated it didn't give a much better picture than the composite cable in the box.

The guy at Toys R Us reckoned that it was the same as Nintendo's official cable...not being convinced I went out and bought an official Nintendo one at a wallet destroying £25.

Without doubt, it is the best scart cable of the lot, and it's not even gold plated ! £25 is well worth it as it gives pin sharp images and clean crisp colours even on my somewhat rubbish tv (Proline :) ).

On another note, always check your TV instruction book and check you've got your scart plugged into a RGB scart socket - most tvs do not have RGB on all sockets which could be why you don't notice any quality improvements.

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 19/09/02 at 11:28
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Get the RGB lead if your TV supports RGB. There is a massive difference between RGB and Composite(3 coloured phonos). People who say there isnt a difference obviously dont have a TV with a compatible scart socket.
Wed 18/09/02 at 21:51
Regular
what???
Wed 18/09/02 at 20:38
Regular
"She's a dog!"
LOL
Wed 18/09/02 at 20:36
Ahmed are you a retard?
Wed 18/09/02 at 20:35
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Ahmad wrote:
> WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT

Geees. Scroll down and read what their talking about and stop writing in capitals. They are writing about the RGB lead that improves graphics and the speed of a game.
Wed 18/09/02 at 20:32
Regular
WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT
Wed 18/09/02 at 20:29
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Well I tell u what, when youre playing resident evil in 60hrtz mode, its a hell of a lot better. The speed in which they run is noticably different and the reaction times between the screen and the control pad. The graphics are also slightly improved. Also if you are playing Tekken 4 then the 60hrtz option is a must, if not the characters are mega slow and it plays very crap!!! I must say buying the equipment to enable the 60hrtz option is a bit expensive. I bought my RBG cable for £25!!!
Wed 18/09/02 at 19:39
You can technically use 60Hz mode with any cable, but the cable supplied with the gamecube causes a wierd buzzing that gives me a headache.
Wed 18/09/02 at 19:13
Regular
dunno but 60hz works fine on the scart lead supplied...... i can get one off ebay for cheap and see o.O

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.