GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Meet Bill."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/09/02 at 20:06
Regular
HELLO! WELCOME TO A WATCHDOG SPECIAL! TODAY WE ARE LOOKING AT COMPUTER GAMES,AND WHY THEY ARE EVIL, WRONG AND WE ARE COMPLETELY RIGHT AND NOT OVERT THE TOP AT ALL! RIGHT, LETS GET ON WITH IT....

*Adagio For Strings kicks in, over a faded image of a young, innocent boy*

Meet Bill. He used to love games. He played them all the time. Until one day, he became too obsessed. Now he thinks he is in the games. Today, we are going to meet Bill and his terrible terrible problem.

*We 'meet Bill' in his living room. He is sitting there, merrily playing away on Wave race: Blus Storm on his lovely new Gamecube. Hes about 15, has dark hair, and is generaly a normal teenager.*

'Hello Bill' *very OTT sympathetic and caring voice*

'lright?'
'So Bill, what are you doing?'
'er. I'm playing on my GC'
'On what 'game' Bill?
'Wave Race. Its an arcadey jetski racing game'
'Oh I see'

*Sympathetic woman turns to camera, tears in her eyes*

Whispering 'Just look - Hes ruined by this drain on him - A racing game at home? oh god.......sniff'
'You crying?' inquires a chirpy Bill
'No, you poor dear, they are just tears of sympathy for you'
Bill simply has a completely bemused expression on his face, looks at the camera, then shrugs and wins the race.
'Yah! Eat that ya bu*gers' he yells mockingly.

'You see! you see!' she cries. 'He thinks its real! Ohh!!!'
'Right I'm bored' he declares. 'Off to play Footie!'

The crew follow Bill down the street to the local park, where his mates are playing football. He joins in. He falls over.

'Look what games have done to him! Physicly unfit, scarred emotionaly and oh its so painful to watch!' She cries again.

Camera zooms in at him laughing happily. Cuts to psychologist. 'He is clearly laughing with game induced madness here. It could not possibly be happiness!' they declare emphaticly. 'If you read my book, then you can read all about 'Game Indcued Madness Syndrome'- or of course, you may have heard it called by its old fashioned name, frustration.'

Bill promptly gets into a playfight with his best friend, and then gets up and goes over to flirt with a pretty girl on the bench byt the footie field.

'As you can see, Bills games ahve taught him to be violent and then aggressive and lustful towards women! They steal his money and then give him bad ideas! Is there no end to this waste?' She exclaims, as she is making Watchdog. ;)

After a while, Bill gets up, and leaves the park, having procured the girls phone number and a promise. He is smiling ('obviously delirous with the outside world' declares the woman) and re-enters his house. A few minutes later his mates call around, and they begin a 4 way battle on Super Smash Brothers Melee.

Vainly horrified, the woman gasps. 'Look!@ she cries at the whooping, mocking boys. 'They enjoy this horrific violence. They want to fight and kill each other! OH THE HUMANITY!'

Bill gets up, pushes them out the door, and closes it. The crew and woman look shcoked. 'Cut' she declares, blabbering away.

*Adagio For Strings kicks back in*

'So you see - games are affecting our children very very badly. Our presenter had to cut the film because of her feelings. We want your feedback on this subject. Thank you'

NOW ON WATCHDOG, WHY TESCOS WON'T GIVE YOU A REFUND FOR THEIR NEW 2P CANS OF BAKED BEANS............

------------
;)
Tue 24/09/02 at 15:57
Regular
"Australian Person."
You got a GAD for it? Well done then I say.
Mon 23/09/02 at 20:23
Regular
"Festivus!"
Deserved the GAD
Mon 23/09/02 at 20:11
Regular
"gsybe you!"
A GAD?

For moi?

Don't mind if I do.

Its a me - a MArio!

;)
Wed 18/09/02 at 20:37
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Cheers.

SOME day Strafex?

How about the day of the Big Crunch?

;)
Wed 18/09/02 at 14:21
Regular
"Australian Person."
LOL!
Great stuff.
Tue 17/09/02 at 21:28
Regular
The media... They'll understand SOME day... :-D
Tue 17/09/02 at 21:11
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Thank you AJ.

I am surrounded by fools! MY CREATIVE POWERS ARE GOING TO WASTE!

;)
Tue 17/09/02 at 21:06
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
JTH wrote:
> Cyclone, is there somthing you wish to share with us or do you need
> help?

---

No. He doesn't.

This thing is called a spoof, and it's a nice crack at humour that I advise you read properly. If you don't find it funny you have a case of Non-Humoury-Itis-Stuff. Yes.
Tue 17/09/02 at 21:00
Regular
"^_^"
i rang watchdog once
Tue 17/09/02 at 20:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No. Its taking the pi*s out of Watchdogs feigned horror.

Ah well. I try.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.