GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why is GAD so hard?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/09/02 at 20:02
Regular
Yesterday I didn't post nearly anything because I was to upset after I saw that I didn't in GAD with my "The Great Console". Instead this topic about unused franchises won the prize. My heart sank slowly.

I got so angry as I stared at the winner and thought "Will I ever have the abillity to win this?" I ran to my room withou t even turning off the computor. I hate losing. I slammed the door as hard as I could and the noise echod throughout the whole house. Quickly I locked my door and layed on my bed head down for at least five minutes thinking of my continous losing. I felt like I wanted to punch something and let out all my stress. I got out of my bed and looked at my games from a distance. Video games calm your nerves sometimes so I looked through my games for the best one. Mario Sunshine, nope. Madden 2002, nope. Super Smash Bros. Melee, yes.

I only really had three gamecube games and this is the only fighting game where you could beat upp poor little pokemon with a huge fire breathing reptile so I got the game out of the case and began to play. I put it on melee mode and organized a fight with link level nine, jigglypuff level nine, and captain falcon level nine, all against me. I choose Peach because she is my favorite player and no one has beat me with her to this day.Next, I choose stock three. Then I choose Corneria as the arena, and began the fight.

None of them even laid a finger on me until at least two minutes. Seeing jigglypuff's small pink body flying away as she yelled was almost conforting and it almost took my mind off GAD. After about four minutes into the game I had defeated jigglypuff and link and i only had captain falcon to worry about.

I remember jumping toward him playfully because I knew I was goin to win. But by mistakely I was caught under the ships front and I was floating there helplessly trying to recover back to the ground. At tha moment I had one stock left but when I fell I had none.

This reminded me of GAD right away. Like in GAD I was confident that I was going to win and yet at the very last moment I lose and left with victory so far away all of a sudden.

I layed on my bed until I reilized what time it was. In the back of my head I can stil remember that Dorian's party was today but because my depression I had missed it.

I have wrotten over ten stories on this forum and all of those stories I knew I was not going to win. But this one was different, with this one I could nearly taste the victory in my grasp. Is there any chance that GAD will countinously put me down until I've been reduced to a pile of ashes in my house, always good but never good enough. SR has the tendency to not absorb my stories or at least not be a big fan of what I need to talk about. Many others don't like my work and think that I did horribly but I never cared. The only thing that made me care was when I suddenly thought that I was doing horribly myself. Will I get to the point that I wont even care about this forum? Hopefully not, but I know that if I take winning this literly I may become over outreged one day.

I finaly had the courage to post on this forum after a day and I never wanted that feeling that I experienced to come over me again.

Drunk.
Tue 17/09/02 at 20:02
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Yesterday I didn't post nearly anything because I was to upset after I saw that I didn't in GAD with my "The Great Console". Instead this topic about unused franchises won the prize. My heart sank slowly.

I got so angry as I stared at the winner and thought "Will I ever have the abillity to win this?" I ran to my room withou t even turning off the computor. I hate losing. I slammed the door as hard as I could and the noise echod throughout the whole house. Quickly I locked my door and layed on my bed head down for at least five minutes thinking of my continous losing. I felt like I wanted to punch something and let out all my stress. I got out of my bed and looked at my games from a distance. Video games calm your nerves sometimes so I looked through my games for the best one. Mario Sunshine, nope. Madden 2002, nope. Super Smash Bros. Melee, yes.

I only really had three gamecube games and this is the only fighting game where you could beat upp poor little pokemon with a huge fire breathing reptile so I got the game out of the case and began to play. I put it on melee mode and organized a fight with link level nine, jigglypuff level nine, and captain falcon level nine, all against me. I choose Peach because she is my favorite player and no one has beat me with her to this day.Next, I choose stock three. Then I choose Corneria as the arena, and began the fight.

None of them even laid a finger on me until at least two minutes. Seeing jigglypuff's small pink body flying away as she yelled was almost conforting and it almost took my mind off GAD. After about four minutes into the game I had defeated jigglypuff and link and i only had captain falcon to worry about.

I remember jumping toward him playfully because I knew I was goin to win. But by mistakely I was caught under the ships front and I was floating there helplessly trying to recover back to the ground. At tha moment I had one stock left but when I fell I had none.

This reminded me of GAD right away. Like in GAD I was confident that I was going to win and yet at the very last moment I lose and left with victory so far away all of a sudden.

I layed on my bed until I reilized what time it was. In the back of my head I can stil remember that Dorian's party was today but because my depression I had missed it.

I have wrotten over ten stories on this forum and all of those stories I knew I was not going to win. But this one was different, with this one I could nearly taste the victory in my grasp. Is there any chance that GAD will countinously put me down until I've been reduced to a pile of ashes in my house, always good but never good enough. SR has the tendency to not absorb my stories or at least not be a big fan of what I need to talk about. Many others don't like my work and think that I did horribly but I never cared. The only thing that made me care was when I suddenly thought that I was doing horribly myself. Will I get to the point that I wont even care about this forum? Hopefully not, but I know that if I take winning this literly I may become over outreged one day.

I finaly had the courage to post on this forum after a day and I never wanted that feeling that I experienced to come over me again.

Drunk.
Tue 17/09/02 at 20:03
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I thought you were in America

you can't win in America
Tue 17/09/02 at 20:05
Regular
Get over it.
Tue 17/09/02 at 20:06
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
I already got over it and amricans rule for your imformation
Tue 17/09/02 at 20:06
Regular
"$Cash or Cheque$"
I hate that you write the best thread you have ever written and then all off a sudden you lose and the you are depressed.
Tue 17/09/02 at 20:09
Regular
Drunk Cow wrote:
> I already got over it and amricans rule for your imformation
T'yeah Whatever!
You ain't all that and a bag of potato chips!
*Clicks Fingers*
Tue 17/09/02 at 20:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Drunk Cow wrote:
> I already got over it and amricans rule for your imformation

A) They didn't say they didn't
B) Don't get me started on all that......

:)
Tue 17/09/02 at 20:12
"The Will of D."
About 90% of Americans ARE STUPID IDIOTS, the rest go and work in biological warfare industries or at the "supposed" Area 51, learning about aliens. Even President Bush is stupid.
Tue 17/09/02 at 20:30
Ha ha! Stupid Drunk Cow. Oh well, just post.
Tue 17/09/02 at 20:39
Regular
"That's right!"
It's hard because of the COMPETITION - a lot of people who post reviews etc are very talented. If a good post beats yours, you can't complain. If one of Grix's poncy poems beats a post by you, well then it's time to grab your pitch fork and storm SR towers

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.