GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games can make and break lives"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/09/02 at 18:21
Regular
Computer Games – For some, computer games are a burning hobby and are used to release anger, to play with friends and to pass time. But for some, computer games are more than just a hobby, more than something to pass time on a rainy day. Certain people’s whole lives are built around computer games. Some games have also brought successful workers to end their careers. The games shown below have ruined families, ruined businesses and turned lives upside down.

Medal of Honor:Frontline – A lot of people think that this game is the best PS2 title of the year because of the games superior gameplay and crisp graphics. Unfortunately, this game is all too real for some people. This game is their lives, they believe that the British government has called them up to be sent to Omaha beach, on the French coast. Equipped with their trusty Duel Shock rifle, they will be sent into the very depths of World War II.

GT Concept – Lowering a helmet over their heads, reaching out for the steering wheel, this game is some peoples career. Wriggling in their Spider racing seat (arm chair), they start to rev the engine, grasp the gear stick (beer bottle) and then slam their foot down onto the throttle (doughnut). Approaching the first corner of the track, they start to break but are tail fished by another of the race cars. Slamming on the brakes and putting on reverse steer, the car (chair) starts to rock from side to side. Frantically trying to control the car, it finally topples over and they fall flat on the floor.

Fifa 2002 World Cup – For a lot of us, treading onto Old Trafford turf with glistening Adidas Predators attached to our feet would be a dream come true, whether you are playing for Manchester United or the opposition is up to you. For the minority, this dream will become reality, but sometimes it isn’t the reality we would all expect. Ball at feet, our game addicts kick off, smashing the wife’s precious vase. Running down the wing (corridor), they swing in a gleaming cross, which knocks down the goalie (wife).

Virtua Fighter 4 – A great game for the fan of beat-‘em-ups. For others, a great lifestyle. After taping up their hands, affixing a pair of boots to their feet and pulling a helmet onto their heads, our combatants are ready to fight. The fighter in blue gets the first hit, smashing up his opponent’s ankle (speaker). The fighter in red replies with a wicked rumble to his opponent’s hands. The blue fighter then attempts a round house kick to his opponents head, just in time the red fighter dodges but gets hit on the shoulder (DVD player). Once again, the red fighter shakes his opponents hands vigorously. The blue fighter swings a right hook at his opponent and finally knocks him down after smashing him in the face (T.V).

Fortunately, this addiction to video games can work out for the good. Here is an example where a computer game has built a career.

Super Monkey Ball 2 – Gongon was once a young monkey who had to collect bananas for a living until a sequel of his life came around. He saw a game called football being played and took to the sport instantly, joining a team called Liverpool. Gongon, now known to many as Emile Heskey, is now one of the best strikers in the English Premier League.

*The above is not true, Gongon has become a football player for Liverpool but is definitely not one of the best strikers in the league :D*

Thanks for reading,
Ben.
Tue 17/09/02 at 20:35
Regular
( . )Juicy Melons( . ) wrote:
> Quinty wrote:
> Honey_Monster wrote:
> Good post Juicy Melons, don't listen to a word what quinty says.
>
> That's real cheap coming from you, the 150 times banned man, who has
> to copy reviews because he so thick he can't write his own.

> Hey man, do you have proof that he's Reynolds. I'd imagion that you
> think he's Reynolds. If he is Reynolds (which i doubt), people can
> come back and change so why don't you give him a brake. If it is
> Reynolds, he may have cheated but Honey_Monster hasn't. I think Shaneo
> has come back to the forums about 3 times now as different people, i
> think one of his accounts was Lawless Fever. Shaneo was right, you
> thought he was a different person for along time because he hadn't
> cheated. I don't know whether Honey_Monster is Reynolds, but i doubt
> it and i think you should give him a brake.

A) Shaneo has been a total of about eight people (Shows what you know really), and ive never suspected anyone of being Shaneo, why? Because at least when Shane is accused of being someone he is, he admits it.

B) There's no need to lie anymore Honey_Monster, Reddy told me, and half the ruddy forum knows it's you. I also have a sneaky suspicion you have been copying review under an alias beginning with a U.....
Tue 17/09/02 at 20:05
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Quinty wrote:
> Honey_Monster wrote:
>

Hey man, do you have proof that he's Reynolds. I'd imagion that you think he's Reynolds. If he is Reynolds (which i doubt), people can come back and change so why don't you give him a brake. If it is Reynolds, he may have cheated but Honey_Monster hasn't. I think Shaneo has come back to the forums about 3 times now as different people, i think one of his accounts was Lawless Fever. Shaneo was right, you thought he was a different person for along time because he hadn't cheated. I don't know whether Honey_Monster is Reynolds, but i doubt it and i think you should give him a brake.
Tue 17/09/02 at 20:03
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Quinty wrote:
> Honey_Monster wrote:
>
>

What are you no about i havent been banned 150 times infact this is my first time on here, i think you have got your wires crossed and as for the reviews i haven't even done any.
Tue 17/09/02 at 19:48
Not a bad post, but you will have to do more to make me laugh.

*Looks at pub jokes book.......doesn't laugh*
Tue 17/09/02 at 19:45
Regular
Honey_Monster wrote:

That's real cheap coming from you, the 150 times banned man, who has to copy reviews because he so thick he can't write his own.

*Taps nose*

And JM, i replied because i wanted to. M'kay?

*Waits for replies from all the people you've plugged this topic to*
Tue 17/09/02 at 19:37
Regular
"  "
Heh, excellent post Benny. Keep it up :D
Tue 17/09/02 at 19:31
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Good post Juicy Melons, don't listen to a word what quinty says.
Tue 17/09/02 at 19:29
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Quinty wrote:
> Bit of a nothing topic really, not very funny.

Why reply then?
Tue 17/09/02 at 19:25
nice read
good post
u must have put alot of time into it
Tue 17/09/02 at 19:22
Regular
Bit of a nothing topic really, not very funny.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.