GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Classic games, Next-Gens, and my trusty N64!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/11/00 at 15:42
Regular
Boom!!! Out comes the Dreamcast, everyone is amazed by MSR. Kapow!!! Soon we will have the Playstation 2 and everyone will be saying TTT is super. Bang!!! Soon, people will start to talk of the Gamecube, and the whole world of video games will be shaken once more. But then, like the Dreamcast has found out, making new games to satisfy all these new customers is a lot harder than it looks. People nowadays are too used to playing their favourite games on the N64 or the Playstation and with all this new found power, people think that the new developers should really be pushing the Hardware to it's limits before it has even found it's bearings. While all those people, wishing for new and more realistic games buy their Dreamcasts and Playstation 2s, all those people just wishing for some Rock hard Gaming Experiences keep their machines until they die to sample some of the most amazing games ever to rock the world. While all those people who try and dive deeper into Graphical crap may be pleased for a while with their Next-Gen machines, how many people can actually say they don't miss all those classics that they used to play. How many people honestly can raise their hand and say, "I am very glad I sold My PSX or my N64 with all those classic games" Not many I am sure. If all people want are amazing graphics and no Gameplay, why not stare blankly at a photograph for a while. They are as realistic as things come. So, I have decided, I will not be like those people, I will continue to play the old classics such as Lylat Wars and Goldeneye and chuckle at those who have only a few games for their new Next-Gen Consoles. And another thing, I am really pleased that the N64 has been surpassed by the Dreamcast, because I am able to get many Class Titles, for only a measley £9:99. So I rest my case, I will be happy with my machine, and laugh at those who think that the Next Generation Consoles will rule the world. Maybe in a year or too, but for a long while to come, classic consoles will live on in the spirit of gamers.
I will eventually buy a GC but not for a long time!
Sat 25/11/00 at 15:49
Regular
You aren't popping to the top, your copying peoples works. And mine.
Sat 25/11/00 at 15:48
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
I'M POPPING TO THE TOP, STOP DISSING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! okay?
Sat 25/11/00 at 15:43
Regular
Please tell me what your trying to do!
Sat 25/11/00 at 15:42
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Boom!!! Out comes the Dreamcast, everyone is amazed by MSR. Kapow!!! Soon we will have the Playstation 2 and everyone will be saying TTT is super. Bang!!! Soon, people will start to talk of the Gamecube, and the whole world of video games will be shaken once more. But then, like the Dreamcast has found out, making new games to satisfy all these new customers is a lot harder than it looks. People nowadays are too used to playing their favourite games on the N64 or the Playstation and with all this new found power, people think that the new developers should really be pushing the Hardware to it's limits before it has even found it's bearings. While all those people, wishing for new and more realistic games buy their Dreamcasts and Playstation 2s, all those people just wishing for some Rock hard Gaming Experiences keep their machines until they die to sample some of the most amazing games ever to rock the world. While all those people who try and dive deeper into Graphical crap may be pleased for a while with their Next-Gen machines, how many people can actually say they don't miss all those classics that they used to play. How many people honestly can raise their hand and say, "I am very glad I sold My PSX or my N64 with all those classic games" Not many I am sure. If all people want are amazing graphics and no Gameplay, why not stare blankly at a photograph for a while. They are as realistic as things come. So, I have decided, I will not be like those people, I will continue to play the old classics such as Lylat Wars and Goldeneye and chuckle at those who have only a few games for their new Next-Gen Consoles. And another thing, I am really pleased that the N64 has been surpassed by the Dreamcast, because I am able to get many Class Titles, for only a measley £9:99. So I rest my case, I will be happy with my machine, and laugh at those who think that the Next Generation Consoles will rule the world. Maybe in a year or too, but for a long while to come, classic consoles will live on in the spirit of gamers.
I will eventually buy a GC but not for a long time!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.