GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Relationships."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/11/00 at 15:34
Regular
I find it very annoying sometimes when I read the newspapers and find that the goverment refers to games as childrens toys and things that children grow out of. How is this? How is this when we have 18 certificates on games? How is this when the most owners of playstations and n64's are over 20? Instead of refering to these games as childish toys, they should be encouraging them as the way forward in entertainment. When watching films like James Bond films and action films like that, I know most people that watch them enjoy believing they ARE Bond. Games make this possible by letting us become the lead character, letting us become the hero. An excellent example of this is Half-Life on the PC. It is a very involving game with an excellent plot and a great hero. This is what we want in games, something that we can believe that we are involved in. Something that makes us believe when we play the game, that the monster is running towards us, and we MUST fire that gun or be killed. Something that gets our heartbeat racing. THAT is what makes a game better than a film.
Sat 25/11/00 at 16:27
I think some older people are out of touch with videogames, but dont let it get you down. Polititians are even worse..theyre always completely out of touch with the Public.
Sat 25/11/00 at 15:52
Regular
Why don't you just reply to them, like we were told to do?
Sat 25/11/00 at 15:51
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
MY LAST 4 MESSAGES HAVE BEEN POPPED TO THE TOP!!!!!! DID I SAY I WROTE THEM????????? thank you.
Sat 25/11/00 at 15:48
Regular
The relationship between films and games? I think that's what I called it originally.
Sat 25/11/00 at 15:41
Regular
I believe you copied this Darkness_2K. I'm not going to say where from.
Sat 25/11/00 at 15:38
Regular
Even the news has gone into a huge report on the PS2.
Luckily no fighting broke out but the faces on the people looked a bit gloomy on the camera.
But still people working for newspapers and teletext writing repors on a N64 game, they can't forget to say it's a dieing console!
Sat 25/11/00 at 15:34
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
I find it very annoying sometimes when I read the newspapers and find that the goverment refers to games as childrens toys and things that children grow out of. How is this? How is this when we have 18 certificates on games? How is this when the most owners of playstations and n64's are over 20? Instead of refering to these games as childish toys, they should be encouraging them as the way forward in entertainment. When watching films like James Bond films and action films like that, I know most people that watch them enjoy believing they ARE Bond. Games make this possible by letting us become the lead character, letting us become the hero. An excellent example of this is Half-Life on the PC. It is a very involving game with an excellent plot and a great hero. This is what we want in games, something that we can believe that we are involved in. Something that makes us believe when we play the game, that the monster is running towards us, and we MUST fire that gun or be killed. Something that gets our heartbeat racing. THAT is what makes a game better than a film.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.